Part-Time Seasonal IT Desktop Support Technician
Reports to: IT Specialist
The IT Desktop Support Technician will assist with the set-up and maintenance of all networking systems for all ArtsQuest facilities, as well as provide IT support for festivals and events. Installs, modifies and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical advice and support to system users. Responsible for supporting the organization’s staff and its computing and telecommunication network operations and procedures. Work within a team environment to support telephone systems, which includes installation of cabling and phones, maintenance of the phone switch and voice mail, and customer service activities, and is responsible for supporting personal computers, peripheral equipment, networks, communications equipment, and providing support for users' software and hardware needs.
Under general supervision, independently performs troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, and installation activities such as assembling and installing new computer equipment or units of local area networks requiring use of standard interface protocols. Assists in installation and cabling, user support, backups, and maintenance of documentation.
- Assist with configuration of various IT Systems (work stations) throughout the organization’s facilities and festival grounds.
- Provide support to users relating to both hardware and software problems on their personal computers.
- Perform preventive maintenance for computer, data communication, and/or peripheral equipment; test and adjust to appropriate standards.
- Fabricate cables for use in interfacing peripherals with computers, other peripherals, and networks.
- Maintain computer network documentation; update computer maintenance manuals.
- Provides updates, status and completion information to Director and/or users, via voicemail, e-mail or in-person communication.
- Assist with cell phone and walkie set-up and distribution prior to and during festivals and events.
- Update, process and distribute contact sheet information on all cell phones and walkies for festivals and events.
- Assist with the take down/removal and storage of work stations for festivals and events.
- During festivals and events, assist with overall operation of festival Base Communications.
- Responsible for duties deemed appropriate and assigned by the Director of Information Systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, preferred.
- 1 year or more work experience as an IT Technician, Support or Network Administrator role.
- Ability to take direction, follow instructions and ask questions if necessary.
- Able to handle several responsibilities at one time, multi-task and work unsupervised at times.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally with or without assistance.
- Able to climb, walk, stand, sit, stoop, squat, bend, crawl, kneel.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving ability; ability to make quick decisions under pressure.
- Ability to deal calmly with emergencies and dynamic personalities.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, in writing and interpersonally.
- Ability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Ability to work indoors, outdoors, in heat, cold or inclement weather when necessary.
- Ability to use a computer and phone;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation to move between our buildings and venues, all within a mile of one another.
FLSA Status: Seasonal/Hourly
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ArtsQuest is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled