- Winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2021 and BC's Top Employers 2021!
- Do you want to make a difference in your community?
- Join our team, in our vibrant and impressive office and warehouse.
- Full-Time, Permanent Position - Monday - Friday 8:30AM - 4:30PM
The GVFB provides assistance to approximately 8,500 people monthly across Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster and the North Shore. We also provide food support to more than 90 community agencies such as housing agencies, women and children’s shelters, transition homes and after school programs, which in turn provide hot meals and snacks to thousands of people each week, including people who are homeless.
Our vision is to create healthy communities through fair and effective food systems. Currently, the GVFB receives, purchases and distributes 5M lbs of food each year.
The GVFB is a proud winner of two prestigious awards: Canada's Top100 Employers 2021 and BC's Top Employers 2021! Recognized for our resilience during the Covid-19 pandemic and how our response was immediate, with the health and safety of our employees as the top priority. In addition to offering an exceptional workplace for our employees and providing the most progressive and forward-thinking programs.
The GVFB is a certified Living Wage Employer! This recognizes the GVFB’s commitment to paying fair wages, upholding good work standards for our employees and contributing to poverty reduction and a higher standard of living in our community.
Come and enjoy working in an award winning workplace! We provide a modern and inclusive office environment, with excellent Skytrain accessibility and free parking. Our competitive benefit plans for this position include: healthcare/dental/vision, 3 weeks accrued vacation leave and a Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan. Your birthday and a personal day are additional paid days off.
- Professional Growth – mentoring, professional development courses and conferences.
- Financial Growth – competitive salary and excellent perks.
- Personal Growth – be part of a close and supportive team with strong leadership.
Provide administrative support to the CEO and COO focused mainly around creating and formatting multiple document types and graphics from new GVFB programs to funding proposals, some presentations, as well as multiple announcements/ communications for clients related to Distribution. Prepare expenses for the CEO and COO, and arrange for any meeting or celebration related food/beverage requirements. Manage the procurement of office supplies and business cards for the broader GVFB team, managing relationships with external printers/suppliers. Point person for general office equipment management (photocopiers, postage machine, shredders). Also, support all GVFB departments by ensuring documents are consistently branded and formatted, and with any potential administrative support they may need.
- Board meeting (quarterly) and AGM (annually) preparation of documents and presentations
- Provide administrative support all GVFB departments and ensure proper branding/formatting
- Keep the company templates up-to-date and promote their use across the GVFB
- Responsible for all new GVFB Society memberships by vetting and forwarding information on to the CEO and then Board for approval; after approved sending out welcome emails
- Responsible for ordering office supplies
- Help design and produce multiple external facing materials (client, donor, general public)
- Format/design letters, documents, PowerPoint presentations
Personal attributes and core skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects/assignments at once
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to deal with continuous questions and requests for help from people throughout the day on various topics
Qualifications and experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ownership of external facing documents (quality, branding, format)
- Creative design of presentations, communications
We are actively recruiting for this position and encourage you to apply now if you are keen on this opportunity!
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF document.
A criminal record check for working with vulnerable sectors is required upon hiring.
Due to high volume applications, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. The Greater Vancouver Food Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Applications will be treated in strict confidence.