Gulph Creek Hotels, one of the area;s most respected management companies invites truly passionate, tenacious sales driven professionals to join our team at the new Residence Inn by Marriott - Middletown/Wallkill, NY. Scheduled to open in early 2020, this is an exciting opportunity to join an amazing property at the ground level. Applicants with prior market experience and prior Marriott experience strongly desired. In this challenging role, you will:
Plans and implements sales, marketing and product development programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintains guest service as the driving philosophy of the operation
· Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service in responding promptly to guests’ needs
· Committed to making every guest is satisfied
· Develops added-value customer service programs
· Empowers hotel staff to deliver guest service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance
· Meets or exceeds guest satisfaction measures
· Ensures hotel standards and services contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service
· Implements and practices guest service initiatives, trains, and performs to Gulph Creek Hotel Standards
Director of Sales Operations
· Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
· Develops and manages sales operating budgets.
· Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
· Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
· Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
· Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
· Monitors competitor products and sales activities.
· Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
· Guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
· Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
· Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
· Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales programs.
· Directs market channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
· Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
· Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
· Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
· Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
· Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
· Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
· Directs product research and development.
· Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Responsible for growing existing accounts and generating new business for both Rooms department and catering in order to maximize revenue profits.
Manages and directs staff including recruitment, selection and development to achieve Company goals and objectives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Five years related experience with progressive managerial responsibilities.
LANGUAGE AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
· Ability to read and speak English and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
· Ability to effectively communicate with employees, guests and supervisors for optimum operation of the property
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rates, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required at this time.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear
· Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
· Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch
· Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
Gulph Creek Hotels offers a competitive benefits package including health, life, dental, vision, 401K, and so much more. Join a company with a proven track record of promoting from within.