Building Service Worker (Kelowna, BC)
We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
GSL Group includes a wide range of businesses including Real Estate Development, Holdings, and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities), E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Travel & Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Agriculture. Some include all Planet Ice arenas in the lower mainland, OfficePools, Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre in Victoria, the Victoria Royals and many more!
One of our locations – Capital News Centre, located in the city of Kelowna, British Columbia is currently seeking a few part-time and full-time Building Service Workers (BSW). Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this role is responsible for the overall cleanliness of the building, operation and maintenance of all areas of the facility, including two ice surfaces, two field surfaces, common areas, and a restaurant.
Have we got your attention yet? Good! Now let's get into the details:
Day in the Life:
- Performs a variety of equipment operation and equipment maintenance duties
- Janitorial maintenance
- Communicates and maintains a good working relationship with other staff, the public, and most importantly the facility users
- Able to exercise some independence in judgment and action in accordance with established practices and procedures
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on various shifts as the arena operates 7 days a week, 20 hours per day
- Able to deal tactfully and firmly with groups and individuals to ensure observance of rules and regulations.
You Own This if You Have:
- High School diploma
- Valid BC Driver’s license
- Knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in janitorial and building maintenance work
Perks, Benefits, & Other Cool Stuff:
- Competitive compensation package
- Employer paid dental & extended health coverage
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Employee Discount Programs
- Front-of-the-Line Access to shows and concert tickets
GSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position