SUMMARY: Responsible for the provision of quality nursing care to the Birmingham City Jail population. The Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will maintain open, excellent communication with Medical Director and Providers to ensure quality care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Obtain patient’s medical history.
2. Triage all schedule patients.
3. Clean and dress wounds.
4. Observes patients and reports adverse reactions to medication or treatment to medical personnel in charge.
5. Sterilize equipment and supplies.
6. Administer medications to patients.
7. Communicate with Physicians and other medical professionals.
8. Collaborate with Physicians to create a Care Plan for each patient.
9. Create and contribute to patients’ medical records as needed.
10. Perform other duties as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must be a graduate of a RN or LPN Nursing Program
Must have current Alabama RN or LPN license from the Alabama Board of Nursing
Must have 2 or more years’ experience as a RN or LPN.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Verbal and written communication skills
Computer skills, research and basic statistics is preferred.
Ability to organize, communicate effectively and knowledge of general corporate operations are a must.
Knowledge of blood borne pathogens
Ability to work in a team environment