Hours per week: 40/Full Time
Provide security shift coverage for residents in a Residential Re-Entry Center (RRC). Emphasis placed on being an integral member of a team that continuously provides and maintains a safe and secure correctional program. This is achieved by all staff members contributing to the RRC program being in continuous compliance with Bureau of Prisons contractual requirements. Responsible for ensuring the safety and security of residents and employees.
Education and Qualifications:
High School diploma or GED required. One year of experience in the reentry/correctional field preferred but not required. Must have good communication skills and be able to articulate professionally, verbally and in writing. Must complete annual training required by the contract. Available to work any shift any time any schedule. Must have a valid driver’s license and social security card issued by the U.S. Social Security Administration, and be a United States citizen, permanent resident, or other people lawfully admitted into the United States. Must pass a federal background check. Must be available any shift any time any schedule.
Skills and Specifications:
- Problem-solving, planning and prioritizing
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Communication skills – written and verbal
- Information gathering and monitoring
- Flexibility, adaptability, teamwork and customer service orientated
- Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
The Security Monitor shall assume the following job responsibilities:
- Sign residents in and out of the Center according to established policies and procedures.
- Answer office telephones and document phone calls received from residents according to established policies and procedures.
- Process incoming and releasing residents.
- Conduct resident headcounts, room & property searches, and fire safety & hazard inspections.
- Collect urine samples, and administer breathalyzer tests.
- Count and issue resident medications as prescribed by the resident’s physician.
- Distribute meals as required.
- Supervise resident work assignments (including extra duty) and maintain facility sanitation standards on a daily basis.
- Write official reports pertaining to resident rule violations.
- Ensures the facility is free from hazards through regular security checks and reports anything found to be out of compliance.
- Controls introduction of contraband through searches.
- Process visitors into the Center, including temporary approval of visitor applications, and ensure compliance with the established visitor policy.
- Review staff notes and maintain the center logs, documenting all required information.
- Enforce all rules and regulations of the RRC and the Bureau of Prisons.
- Attend monthly mandatory staff meetings.
- Local travel may be required.
- Complete all annual training required by the contract.
- Complies with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Ensures rest and meal breaks are taken in accordance with California law.
- Reports any violation of company policy, employee handbook Standards of Conduct, etc.…
- Maintain the cleanliness and proper order of the Center offices.
- Promptly correct and/or address safety issues upon awareness, such as replacing burnt out light bulbs, placing warning signs on wet pavement or floor areas, and promptly reporting to a supervisor any safety issue that cannot be immediately corrected.
- Process resident subsistence payments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Alternatives, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or
WORKING ALTERNATIVES INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled