If you are a experienced Shipper/Receiver looking to join and
grow in a dynamic and innovative company on the leading edge of the ag-tech
revolution, we invite you to apply
in technology to feed a changing world. CubicFarms (TSXV: CUB) is an ag-tech
company providing automated growing systems for fresh produce and nutritious
livestock feed. CubicFarms offers turnkey, commercial scale, hydroponic,
automated controlled-environment growing systems that can grow predictably and
sustainably for 12 months of the year virtually anywhere on earth. The company
has sold and installed systems in Canada and internationally and continues to
grow a global pipeline of prospective customers. Visit us at www.cubicfarms.com.
THE ROLE: SHIPPER/RECEIVER
Reporting to the Installation Manager, the Shipper/Receiver is
responsible for well-organized and efficient preparation and handling of
incoming and outgoing materials and maintaining accurate warehouse inventory.
- You’re the type of person who
can’t walk out the door with anything left undone. You like all of the
boxes ticked off and make schedules and lists when no one cares but you.
It’s in your DNA.
- You are a self-motivated,
passionate, experienced individual who is looking for an opportunity to
work with an emerging organization with a great deal of room for
- You are an entrepreneurial
minded, hands on person who leads by example and thrives on solving
- You have a green thumb and a jack
of all trades. You are just as comfortable using a spreadsheet as you are
using a wrench.
- You are motivated by thought of
working in the new and upcoming Ag-Tech industry.
- You are reliable, proactive,
and willing to take the lead on tasks that need to be accomplished.
- You have the ability to
structure yourself in an unstructured environment and are motivated to
learn new skills.
- You are willing to work during
various hours throughout the day and lend a hand where required to get the
- Above all you like to have fun
while doing all of the above.
- Preparing product for transport
- Creation of packing slips, waybills, and export documents
- Accurate and timely data entry of inventory movement
- Interacting with various personnel both inside and outside of the
company to ensure timely delivery of products
- Local driving to shuttle parts and supplies; mileage paid if your
vehicle is use
- Receiving inspections
- Perform general warehouse duties including but not limited to
picking/packing orders, receiving, stocking, and inventory control
- Maintaining a neat, safe, and orderly work area
- Must be willing to work in other capacities within the company
under the operations umbrella.
- Additional duties as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or a
combination of education & equivalent experience is required.
- At least one (1) year of
experience working in a manufacturing/warehouse setting required.
- Experience working in either
the agriculture, indoor vertical farming, or high-technology industry is
- Strong attention to detail
- Willing to comply with company standard procedures
- Familiar with customs documentation
- Valid B.C. driver’s license
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word) and the ability to
learn new software
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 25 kilograms
- Strong customer service, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Forklift certification or equivalent experience
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- May engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing, and
pulling of boxes and containers.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 kilograms
applicants may apply to the position by submitting their applications on our Careers page
on the CubicFarms Website.
is an equal opportunity employer is committed to building a team that
represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage
applications from all qualified and enthusiastic candidates. CubicFarms is a
growing organization in an emerging industry that will provide the right
candidate with significant potential for advancement in the Ag-Tech space.