Vincentian de Marillac (Stanton Heights) is hiring a Full-time Maintenance Technician! $1,000 Sign On Bonus
Entry level position with valuable on the job training! Full time positions available with some weekends and on-call shifts required
The purpose of the Maintenance Technician is to provide maintenance and security to all residents. Maintain grounds, property and equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This includes assisting and ensuring compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, as well as following established policies and procedures. This also includes working with management and staff to assure a successful maintenance program.
It is the duty of all employees to promote and support a well maintained resident care environment that ensures the safety and security of all residents, family members, visitors and fellow employees. And to treat all with kindness, respect and dignity
- Have a working knowledge of test equipment in order to perform a variety of routine maintenance and repairs in and around the property.
- Patrols property (internal and external) according to published schedule. This includes the repair and/or replacement of all fixtures and equipment found to be non-operational or faulty in any way.
- Respond to and address all resident requests for maintenance in a timely manner. This includes all plumbing, electrical and HVAC equipment issues.
- Perform routine maintenance duties which includes but not limited to: cleaning and organizing maintenance area; the maintenance of tools, machinery and vehicles as scheduled.
- Perform painting/refurbishment and other duties as needed to prepare a residential unit for occupancy.
- Test all equipment using testing devices and record results, as per schedule.
- Inspect all fire extinguishers and fire systems and correct deficiencies per schedule.
- Perform snow removal when needed, to keep all driveways, sidewalks and public accessible areas free and clear of snow and ice at all times.
- Perform landscaping duties which include but not limited to: moving top soil; planting shrubs and bushes as assigned.
- Assist other personnel in the performance of maintenance responsibilities.
- Report all accidents/incidents to the Environmental Services Manager.
- Anticipate and act to maintain a safe environment.
- Incorporate safety/risk management standards into daily job performance.
- Provide residential transportation when needed.
- Perform other maintenance and security duties as assigned by the Environmental Services Manager.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Current/valid driver’s license required.
- Minimum of two years building trades and/or building maintenance experience preferred, but is not required.
Benefits (for qualified, full time employees)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- PTO for vacation and sick time
- Retirement plans
- Pet insurance
- FSA plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement vesting
- 401K matching after 1 year
Vincentian is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Selected candidates will need to successfully complete pre-hire testing including, a drug test, physical exam, TB test and background check.