The database at Midcoast Conservancy is a key part of our interactions with those who support conservation in Midcoast Maine. It records the gifts and memberships, drives outreach, supports the volunteers who are crucial to land and water, and acknowledges the gifts. Maintaining this database is fundamental to the organization’s success.
Midcoast Conservancy is seeking a part-time Membership Database Specialist to join the Development and Communications team. Reporting to the Director of Development and Communications, the Database Specialist is responsible for maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the organization’s Raiser’s Edge database, entering gifts/memberships and similar voluntary income, managing the membership renewals and acknowledgements, and supporting the Director of Finance and HR with accounts payable.
The ideal candidate will have experience with Raiser’s Edge software to support the organization with data reporting – executing volunteer engagement reports, event analysis, and trends to inform Midcoast Conservancy’s strategy and decision-making as well as internal and external presentations. The Conservancy’s headquarters is located in Edgecomb, Maine.
- Process online and snail-mail gifts, memberships and acknowledgements.
- Plan and execute the gift/membership renewal process and the gift stewardship process.
- Support the Finance Department with accounts payable.
- Manage the Raiser’s Edge database to ensure the integrity and accuracy of information entered into the database.
- Maintain, and document procedures and best practices for use of Raiser’s Edge database.
- Support the timely and accurate workflow of constituent and gift information into the database, from hard copy or online forms through data entry, to data analysis.
- Liaise with the Finance Department to ensure consistency for funds and appeals.
- Execute important initiatives to streamline, automate and maintain any routine procedures associated with gift entry, membership tracking, prospect management, and other essential tasks.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development to execute standard database reports.
- Maintain procedures to track end-user list and report requests, as well as data management and database improvement projects.
- Support planning and decision making by translating data into user friendly reports and presentations through data visualization tools.
- Provide support to related systems within Midcoast Conservancy, including other Blackbaud products such as BB Merchant Services and Financial Edge.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two or more years of professional experience in a fundraising or development context, specifically gift entry, database management, data analysis with experience in Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge system strongly preferred.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and implement projects, and the ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong computer skills, including advanced skills with databases, internet applications, and Microsoft Office suite.
Compensation and Benefits
Annual salary of $18,500 - $21,000 depending on experience, based on a 21-hour work week. Generous benefits package includes health care insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, 3 weeks of vacation, accrued sick time and 12 holidays - all in a collaborative and flexible work environment. Optional dental and vision plans also available for purchase.
Position will be based out of the Midcoast Conservancy office in Edgecomb, Maine with some remote work possible. Qualified individuals with disabilities and those from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals and are an equal opportunity employer. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter and list of 3 references at https://midcoastconservancy.easyapply.co. Deadline for applications is 5:00 PM, Friday July 31, 2020 or until the position is filled.