We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
Who we are:
GSL Group includes a wide range of businesses including Real Estate Development, Holdings and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities), E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Travel & Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Agriculture.
We are currently looking for an experienced Accountant to join our team. This position will report to the Controller and be based out of Kelowna. The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong background and interest in technical accounting, as this role will be responsible for monitoring, auditing and implementing financial computer systems and networks. They may also assist with developing technology plans to improve financial reporting.
Have we got your attention yet? Good! Now, let's get into the details:
A day in the life:
- Preparation of monthly operating financial statements including account reconciliations
- Ensure timely cash collection by driving the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques
- Assisting with the annual budget process; managing the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitoring them monthly
- Ensure financial operational compliance with internal policies and external regulations
- Continuously recommend system and process improvements through process reviews, automation of routine tasks, and by adopting new technologies and/or processes
- Utilize business intelligence tools to provide insights into business performance, and make related recommendations
- Building/managing real-time dashboards & dynamic reports
- Assist with build/design, automation of accounting reporting & processing (real-time dashboards and Dynamics reports)
- Daily cash flow reporting and monitoring.
- Critical analysis of financial transactions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Adhoc accounting tasks as assigned
You own this if you have:
- Degree in Finance, Business or related discipline
- Accounting Designation preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a similar, senior role
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments with a high degree of accuracy while balancing internal client demands
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working with Great Plains, Microsoft Dynamics
- Advanced Computer skills a must:
- highly proficient in the use of PowerPoint, Word, Access, Excel, and other Microsoft Office Applications to create documents and reports, etc.
- exceptional proficiency working with Excel, including pivot tables, formula’s, HLOOKUPS, VLOOKUPS
- strong experience with query applying MS Office Studio, SOL, OR PL/SQL developer
Ideally, you will have:
- Exceptional multitasking skills, including the ability to manage several competing priorities at the same time
- Strong ability to communicate with staff, management, and the public, in writing and in verbal format
- Strong knowledge and skills in performing financial analysis, as well as in solving problems
- Energetic and self-motivated, and the ability to work independently yet achieve set goals and targets within deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with diverse team members
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability & willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- Strong Business Acumen
Benefits, perks & other cool stuff:
- e.g. Flexible schedule
- Competitive salary
- Employer-paid dental & extended health coverage
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Awesome co-workers!
Culture is very important to us at GSL! We want someone who, along with having the above qualifications, is also passionate and driven. You have a 'can-do', positive attitude and enjoy collaborating and working in teams. If this sounds like you, please apply today - we can't wait to discuss the role I more detail with you!
GSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position