Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Educator
Responsibilities and Administrative Duties:
- To assist in the coordination of all events and activities including: the BUGS Expo, Parent Events, and Farmer’s Market.
- Coordinate Daily Recreation Activities; plan activities, purchase and managing recreation equipment and setting up recreation equipment daily.
- Actively contribute to the BUGS Blog.
- Work with Program Director and Manager to create engaging and meaningful lesson plans for each two-week session that provide opportunities for skill mastery and social and academic enrichment and follow the approved lesson plan format.
- To provide excellent classroom management by holding students accountable for their behavior and consistent and creative usage of positive behavior management techniques including BUG BUCKS system.
- To assist the program and the participants in meeting all program goals including academic and social skills improvement, attendance, and family partnership.
- To provide teacher and student assistance in the classroom at Commodore John Rodgers Elementary school a minimum of two hours per month.
- To create and maintain a positive, child-friendly classroom environment for all students that is clean, supplies are accessible, and is conducive to hands-on learning.
- To purchase supplies within monthly component budget and maintain monthly expense log.
- To assist in transporting students daily by a charter bus.
- To participate in any overnight camping experiences at Camp Puh’tok in Monkton, MD, or outdoor camping facilities.
- To participate in Saturday programming such as the Annual BUGS Farmer’s Market.
- To communicate with parents on a regular basis regarding student achievement, behavior, program activities, and upcoming events via phone and BUGS Report Card.
HOURS OF AVAILABILITY
The hours of the BUGS Program through the academic school year during the months of Sept. to mid-June are Mon-Thurs., 1-7 pm; and summer programming hours during the months of mid-June to August will be Mon-Thurs., 8 am-4 pm; and on Fridays when needed.
PLEASE SUBMIT BOTH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER FOR CONSIDERATION