Location: Washington, DC
Support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization Integration Office (EHRM IO) as an Interface Connectivity Engineer.
Integration Connectivity Engineers are required to implement and test Ports, Protocols, and Services Management (PPSM) in support of Go-Live connectivity and testing events. They are required to conduct the following activities:
• Complete PPSM documentation and connectivity tests per an established schedule
• Create, track, and troubleshoot network and firewall change requests.
• Coordinate and facilitate engineering connectivity events between multiple technical stakeholders;
• Track, document, and run to closure firewall tickets
• Document processes, procedures, and troubleshooting event logs
• Support Night of Cutover and Go-Live events (this may require non-traditional work hours)
• 15+ years of professional work experience
• Ability to create strategies and plans for integration of multiple IT systems/subsystems into an operational unit, ensuring full functional and performance capabilities are retained
• Ability to coordinate with development and user teams to assess risks, goals, and needs and ensure that all are adequately addressed
• Experienced in introducing new hardware or software into a new or existing environment while minimizing disruption and mitigating risks
• Able to be cost conscience as well addressing goals
• Ability to operate independently as an engineer and troubleshoot issues during connectivity events
• Ability to communicate issues, problems, and risks with schedule or technical implementation
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent, or an additional 8 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirements
• Strong applied experience in the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) PPSM process
• Expertise in networking, protocols, and how technologies interact.
• Expertise in troubleshooting network connectivity issues
• Experience in the VA
• Experience implementing EHR
EXECUTIVE PERSONNEL SERVICES INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled