In order to make this possible, we need an exceptional Registered Nurse who can meet the requirements below. Think you have what it takes to help us change lives all over the country?
As a Registered Nurse at Vertava Health, you will provide compassionate, evidenced-based care to adult patients with behavioral health disorders. You will develop and utilize expert assessment skills, therapeutic relationship building, specialty medication knowledge, and current best practices to help patients safely navigate withdrawal and build a strong foundation for long-term recovery from addiction. You will be part of a supportive, team-based approach that models collaborative, solution-based problem solving, and authentic communication.
Priority responsibilities include:
- Perform comprehensive nursing assessments on new admissions
- Use CIWA and COWS tools to gauge withdrawal symptoms
- Assess acute and chronic co occurring physical and mental health issues
- Monitor the efficacy of medication and non-pharmacological interventions
- Safely administer medications per orders and protocols
- Follow best practices to ensure the 6-Rights of medication administration
- Utilize knowledge and judgement to check orders, hold meds, and determine PRN needs
- Enter verbal and telephone orders accurately into eMAR.
- Work with pharmacies to clarify orders and facilitate fulfillment
- Monitor and document response to medications
- Practice vigilance in all interaction with medication to prevent diversion
- Provide direct nursing care to address a variety of health issues in accordance with established nursing practice and specific orders.
- Respond immediately to medical emergencies (Code Blue) and assume leadership until a medical provider or EMS takes over.
- Meticulously document assessments and observations, medication administration, interventions and response, and progress towards goals.
- Maintain legal logs of stock medication, controlled substances, reportable incidents, etc.
- Accurately capture reports from outside facilities, such as nurse-to-nurse reports from hospital discharge.
Collaboration and Communication
- Oversee LPNs and Medical Health Technicians according to scope of practice
- Work with multidisciplinary team on all phases of treatment planning
- Partner closely with MDs, PAs, NPs, and pharmacists
- Communicate with other departments and units to ensure continuity of care
- Serve as a liaison to patient families as appropriate
- Seek guidance from leadership and receive regular supervision
Management (office and team)
- Oversee safe operation of nursing station(s) and equipment
- Maintain inventory of medical equipment and supplies, stock meds, and patient-specific medication.
- Monitor schedule to ensure staffing plan will meet established ratios and anticipated needs.
- Direct and oversee med techs and LPNs as needed for safety, efficiency, and equitability
Education (learning and teaching)
- Learn about the disease model of addiction and evidence based treatments
- Remain current with all required trainings, certifications, and licensing
- Learn and follow company-established policies and procedures, and maintain adherence to established nursing skills and practice according to licensure
- Provide patient education related to addiction and treatment including: disease process, withdrawal, medications, and non-pharmacological interventions
- Explore options to facilitate health education groups for patients
- Provide appropriate education on specific relevant topics to staff, patients, families, community members, etc.
Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Current licensure in state of employment
- Experience or interest in addictions nursing and/or behavioral health helpful
- Flexibility and aptitude for problem-solving
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Positive energy : )
- Ability to use hands and fingers, talk or hear
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and reach continually. Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch frequently
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Close vision required to see computer monitor, read documents, and operate copy and fax machine
- Work environment is indoors and climate controlled. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions
Vertava Health is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled