Join our swim family and help build confident swimmers, one splash at a time!
Davina’s Swim House is seeking full-time energetic, motivated, self-starting individuals for our growing swim school at our multiple locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and support swimming lessons to ensure quality and consistency of swimming instructors and programs
- Review, on an ongoing basis, lesson plans and progress evaluations of aquatic instructors
- Visible to parents and staff during programs/shift
- Ensures level confirmations with parents and follow up with any discrepancies. Ensure accuracy of levels in system.
- Provide a high standard of customer service to all participants
- Addresses customer concerns in a timely manner, ensuring complaints are documented and if unable to resolve, ensure next level is aware to follow up.
- Assigning of instructors to classes and accuracy in system.
- Communicate with Aquatic Manager and In-water Head Instructor of class/instructor changes or make up lessons.
- Maintain accurate, up- to-date progress sheets and records for participants and instructors
- Ensure report cards are accurately completed and ready to be published on time.
- Assist Aquatic Manager with staff evaluations
- Assist with staff trainings
- Fulfil all the functions of an Instructor/Lifeguard as necessary.
- Ensure all safety and life guarding procedures are adhered to and, in the event of an emergency, respond as trained by the Association
- Enforce all rules and regulations and maintain order as a proactive approach to ensuring safety and accident prevention
- Keep Daily Log up-to-date and accurate
- Set up and take down lesson bins, lane ropes and other equipment as required checking that equipment is safe and in good repair. Report immediately all malfunctions and remove the damaged equipment from circulation
- Safety-check lifesaving equipment prior to each shift
- Assist in the supervision and leadership of new instructor/guards, volunteers and instructor mentors
- Performs required maintenance duties, including but not restricted to: change room/washroom checks, cleaning and disinfecting, pool chemistry tests, vacuuming, balancing of pool and pool fouling clean up.
- Current LSS Swim or Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Awards
- Current LSS Lifesaving Instructor Award
- Current lifeguard award
- Current Standard First Aid Award
- Davina’s Swim House Instructor certification an asset
- Bronze Examiner an asset
- Acceptable Police Check for Vulnerable Sector
- Child and Youth Focused: Commits to assisting the personal growth and development of children and youth.
- Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner to support information sharing.
- Concern for Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
- Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help achieve desired result
- Relationship Building and Collaboration: Builds positive interactions, both internally and externally, to build enthusiasm and appreciation to achieve work related goals.
- In addition to the above competencies the Association Core Competencies are required, Commitment to Organization Vision and Values, Diversity, Integrity, Teamwork
- 35 hours per week
- Evenings and weekends
- 5 consecutive days Tuesday to Saturday or Sunday to Thursday
DSH is a leader in the aquatic industry through our experienced and personalized teaching styles that engages children and adults in the aquatic setting. At DSH we specialize in making sure safety, comfort and personal touch is given to each and everyone whom comes to our facilities. DSH – Is a home and a welcoming place for everyone.
Building confident swimmers, one splash at a time!TM