Join Our Team As Environmental Services Supervisor!
This individual will look after the maintenance of the building and repair / schedule repairs if needed.
Jarlette Health Services is a family-centric organization that has built a tradition of excellence in making an outstanding difference in the lives of the residents, families, employees, and communities it serves. As a proudly Canadian organization, with 14 Long Term Care Homes and 7 Retirement Lodges across Ontario, Jarlette Health Services has established itself as an industry leader with over 50 years of experience in the dynamic senior care sector.
At this time, we are looking for passionate, results-driven individuals to join and grow with our team. Jarlette Health Services is proud to offer competitive wages, benefit packages and career advancement opportunities. The Environmental Services Supervisor is responsible and accountable for the provision of effective Housekeeping, Laundry and Maintenance Services for the Home, residents and staff. Ensures the Home, it’s equipment and linens are in a state of good repair and cleanliness. Ensures a safe environment for residents, visitors and staff.
Ideal Candidate Traits & Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years' supervisory experience, preferably in the maintenance of buildings.
- Minimum 5 years of maintenance related work experience required.
- Good problem solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- Able to interpret and implement applicable laws and regulations.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be familiar with cleaning products.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Basic mathematical skills required.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety Act
- Must meet OLTCA qualifications
Please note, employment with Jarlette Health Services will be contingent on receipt of a current Criminal Reference Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening. Jarlette Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate individuals with disabilities through each stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know.