The TT&C / RF engineer is expected to be a liaison between Product Development,
Operations, Suppliers and Engineering, and provides high level definition of
requirements for new product development to maintain the leading York Space
Systems products and services
- Architects RF system designs for
the York communication systems with components as required to build out
transmitters and receivers
- Perform RF analysis such as link
budgets to help drive requirements to vendors providing communication system
- Knowledgeable to ensure
compliance with applicable regulations and programs are amended to reflect
adherence to technical requirements
- Determines project
specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and
performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates
- Confirms and verifies product
performance by designing and conducting tests
- Maintains project schedule by
monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Manage action as required to incorporate
applicable changes that are determined to provide benefits in accordance with
departmental objectives and management directive.
- Organizes and prioritizes tasks
across different programs and projects
- Liaison with Technology Partners
- Liaison with Internal
- Liaison with Regulatory
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical
and/or RF Engineering, with some communication/satellite development background
including, but not limited to, RF Communications and Information Systems.
Experience / Ability:
- 3-7 years of industry exposure:
Satellite/Spacecraft Design, and RF System Design
- Systems engineering experience
within the space industry
- Knowledgeable background in
- Experienced in RF systems
integration and testing.
- Experience of regulatory bodies
governing certification of communication systems.
- Handle Stressful situations and
deadline pressures well.
- Accepts responsibility for
achieving goals and expectations.
- Work as part of a team.
- Excellent written and oral
- Excellent organizational and multitasking
skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget.
- Strong interpersonal,
communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently
and with minimal supervision.
- Extremely detail orientated.
- Technical competence (understand
software, hardware, networks).
- Motivated, goal orientated and
- May require some travel
YORK SPACE SYSTEMS is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled