Our ambassadors are goodwill representatives and must have skills or be willing to develop skills in:
- Crowd management: stop and limit entrance in passport control when the facility is at-capacity or experiencing operational issues and manage queues.
- Wayfinding: inform guests and aid them in finding the appropriate lines/queue.
- Public speaking: speaking to groups of ten or more guests at once.
- Technical assistance: assist at electronic kiosks.
- Service: address concerns, de-escalate frustration or confusion, identify guest needs.
- Translation: provide honest and accurate translation for interviews with border patrol agents for guests unable to communicate in English or a language familiar to the agent.
This job has many roles and all passengers, whether from the U.S., Saudi Arabia, China, France, or South Korea, ALL, are coming in are our guests.
Preference will be given to those possessing advanced to fluent speaking and listening skills in
- Mandarin Chinese
- and Vietnamese.
- Foreign language fluency/advanced level (Needs vary on the time of day)
- English language fluency/advanced level
- High energy
- Able to stand on your feet for two or more hours at a time
- Positive, friendly, and outgoing personalities
- Able to work all days of the week including weekends
Preferred candidates will be able to work any day of the week including weekends.
Wage starts at $16.09 per hour. Benefits are limited to a monthly transportation reimbursement, paid time off and sick leave.
Key skills: Foreign language fluency: (Mandarin Chinese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Vietnamese, French, German, Japanese, Thai, Arabic, Telugu, Tamil preferred), service orientation, voice projection, comfort interacting with a crowd, active listening, conflict resolution, resilience, and energized from interacting with others in a fast-paced environment and environments with peaks and lulls in activity.