Many wonderful and exciting changes happening at SKLD Muskegon!!
$25/hour, full-time, part-time and PRN position; Day and Night shift available - 12-hour shifts!
Sign-On Bonuses of $5,000 for Full Time positions Available now!
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) plays a critical role in providing superior customer service and nursing services to all Residents on the assigned unit as well as in the facility as a whole. The LPN assists the Director of Nursing, Unit Managers, and/or the Assistant Director of Nursing in the planning, development and overall operation of the assigned unit, which ensures Residents receive quality care 24 hours a day.
- Provide quality nursing care to residents in an environment that promotes their rights, dignity, and freedom of choice.
- Perform timely and accurate documentation and charting using appropriate systems.
- Make regular rounds of Residents independently and with a physician; observe and evaluate Residents’ symptoms, progress, and reactions to treatments and medications and implements interventions as necessary.
- Administer medications to Residents according to the Public Health Code, Nursing Department Policies, and standards and procedures and as prescribed by the physician.
- Manage and document emergency care of Residents.
- Preform comprehensive and focused nursing assessments in conjunction with changes in condition and scheduled programs.
- Assist with new admissions, re-admissions and assist with the transfer of Residents to different rooms within the assigned unit. Assure completion of weekly, periodic and discharge summaries.
- Review daily documentation of controlled substances and narcotics distribution. Verify inventory of drugs covered by controlled substances laws.
- Assign and supervise all Nurse Aides and other relevant staff
- Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with Residents, visitors, families, peers and supervisors.
- Must possess a current state license as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- CPR certification required.
- One year of professional nursing experience in the long-term care setting is desired (not required).
At SKLD, we hire people, not positions. The people at SKLD are our greatest asset. Their energy, passion, and focus are central to achieving our goals. We appreciate them and their drive to improve the lives of the people around them. And we reward them by providing recognition, respect, opportunities for growth, and bankable benefits. Our pay and perks are among the best in the area.
- Knowledge of applicable state nursing regulations preferred.
Some of the benefits we offer to our full-time employees include (but are not limited to):
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Cancer, hospital, and accident coverage
- 401(k) with a company match up to the first 2% contributed
- Generous paid time off accrual
If you’re looking to join an energetic, creative, and passionate team, then this is the right company for you!
Illuminate HC provides equal employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, height, weight, Veteran status, marital status genetic information or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
SKLD Muskegon is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled