Retail Cashier (Seasonal 2023)
Cashier provides excellent service by welcoming guests, answering questions, offering assistance, suggesting items, providing product information and executing sales accurately and efficiently. Individual responsibilities as a cashier may include demonstrating outstanding guest service and selling skills. Comprehends product knowledge by reading product offerings and pricing to communicate it to our guests. Stays current with promotional events, product prices and sales.
- Enthusiastic, friendly and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service.
- Greet guests when entering or leaving establishment.
- Maintain the overall cleanliness of the park
- Make sales referrals, cross-sell products and introduce new products when applicable.
- Pleasantly answer guests' questions and refer to management if answer doesn't solve the issue
- Basic understanding of sales principles and guest service practices
- Multi-task while being attentive to guests and remaining flexible to the needs of the business.
- Upsell seasonal passes, star cash and other packages.
- Handle cash and credit transactions with guests.
- Ensure pricing is correct.
- Issue change, receipts and star cash.
- Redeem coupons and honor discounts.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning and end of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Show a sense of urgency while working.
- Acquire product knowledge and keep updated on changes, daily prices, product availability, and events.
- Report any theft or suspicious activity to management ASAP.
- Follow all company policies and procedures while protecting company assets.
- Maintain clean and tidy work area.
- Take pride in their wardrobe & appearance.
- Assist other departments as staffing needs require.
- Resolve guest complaints, guide them and provide relevant information.
Minimum age requirement is 16 years of age.
Benefits and Perks
- Employee Season Pass to Big Rivers Waterpark.
- Season Passes for Parents
- Discounts on Food, Beverage and Merchandise.
- Discounts on General Admission Tickets
- Employee Events and Parties
This job summary is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position