Web Application Developer
You’re an experienced developer, and a good one at that. People Marvel at your tech superpowers.
Even better, you get the big picture. You're a collaborator, an orchestrator, and a gamechanger. Any company would be lucky to add you to the team.
01001001 01100110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101110 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00101100 00100000 01110111 01100101 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101111 01110101 01101100 01100100 00100000 01110100 01100001 01101100 01101011
So why choose Kolbe?
Simply put, we’re the perfect place for you to use your powers for good.
We help people to understand their unique strengths and use those strengths to improve their lives. We believe strongly in our mission, and we serve that mission well.
We can serve it even better by hiring someone who is:
- smart and savvy regarding web-based applications
- comfortable bridging differences and responding to teammate needs
- adept at creating plans, distinguishing patterns, and designing sequential systems
- able to sustain innovations, adjust deadlines, and navigate through uncertainty
- skilled at translating loose guidelines into desired tangible outcomes with minimal supervision
- open to new ideas and willing to share their own
- able to understand and demonstrate big picture thinking while speaking to non-geeks
- passionate about technology, people, learning, and that Kolbe mission
For 45+ years we have been changing the way people understand the brain and themselves by focusing on empowering people where they reside - work, home, and school. Entrepreneurial at the core, we are striving to increase our applications for rapid long-term growth and are committed to our customers, our team, and our mission. Just imagine all the great things we can do and all the people we can help with you onboard!
Now, for some specifics:
- Bachelor's degree or 8 years of experience developing web-based applications
- Experience with and willing to learn about development on Ubuntu/Linux servers or AWS (S3, Containers, Lambdas) or Azure
- Experience with at least one of these frameworks: ColdFusion, Mura, LightWire, Coldbox, Fusebox, Django
- Understands full stack development
- Willingness to learn ColdFusion
- Strong skills with project management
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Understands the pros and cons of working remotely
- Understands the pitfalls of working in a silo
- Great collaborator and creative problem solver
- Positive attitude with professional maturity
Additional points for you:
- Experience with Cloud9 dev environment
- Extensive experience with AWS/Cloud-based development
- Prolific ability to administer Linux/AWS web servers
- Familiar with Azure; MySQL; PHP; UML
- Cloud infrastructure experience
- Experience managing outside contractors and firms
Benefits offered to Kolbe Employees:
- Medical & Dental
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Hybrid Workplace (Important: We require that our developers are local, as collaboration and in-person gatherings are valuable to our company.)
About Kolbe Corp:
When we say that we’re a mission-driven organization, we mean it! The people who are successful at Kolbe know how to work as part of a driven team and are dedicated to helping others use their strengths to get more freedom and joy out of life.
Kolbe’s flagship product is the Kolbe A™ Index — a powerful, 36 question assessment that helps people understand how they naturally take action. Because this assessment is so integral to our work, candidates will take this as part of our interview process. The great news: even if the position isn’t right for you, taking the assessment will give you new insight to help find a role that’s perfect for your instinctive strengths.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.