Traffic Control Crew
RoadTeks are responsible
for controlling traffic safely through work zones using appropriate equipment
and communication. They will assist a Crew Chief in setting up and managing
work zones. RoadTeks will receive on-site training support. This is our
entry-level position in the field.
- Safely and appropriately set up
work-zones in accordance with state or local Department of Transportation
and Safety policies and procedures.
- Read, understand and follow RoadTek Traffic Controls’
safety policies and crew leader’s instruction.
- Placement of traffic control devices, signs, and
markers in compliance with work zone diagrams.
- Maintain safety zone while directing movement of
vehicular traffic through work zone using sign, hand, and flag signals.
- Wear and always maintain PPE.
- Ensure customer’s workers are warned of any impending
work zone violation if incoming vehicle does not adhere to work zone.
- Be aware your surroundings at all time focusing on
- Report all safety concerns to crew chiefs and managers.
- Ensure all safety equipment, vehicles, lights, signs
and company owned property is handled in a safe careful manner.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Reliable transportation.
- Must pass alochol/drug test.
- Ability to communicate speaking English.
- Obtain basic flagger certification (available on the
- Willing to work overtime and in all types of weather
- Dependable and able to commit to long hours of work
All RoadTek Traffic
employees, prospective employees, and employees who are affiliated with RoadTek
Traffic are prohibited from having active or inactive criminal records,
regarding the Sex Offender Registry. Any individual who
knowingly fails to notify Human Resources, Risk Management, or other management
(in writing) that they are listed on the Sex Offender Registry shall be
immediately terminated from RoadTek Traffic Solutions. Employees must have
clean criminal records with respect to sex offenders and must NOT be listed on
the Sex Offender Registry. All RoadTek employees
are required to work in school zones, which participation in traffic control is
strictly prohibited by any individual listed on the Sex Offender Registry. If any prospective
employee is involved in an active or pending investigation which may cause them
to be listed on the Sex Offender Registry must have their application held in
abeyance until such time as the investigation is complete.
While performing the
duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach
with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit
and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust