The Resident Coordinator (RC- Part-Time) is responsible for developing on-site programs and activities in coordination with Atlantic Housing Foundation and the local property management staff, tailored to meet the specific needs of the local resident population. Special emphasis should be placed on activities and programs that focus on education, after-school tutoring, and learning activities for children. In addition, the RC will develop and implement programs that assist the greater resident population with site-specific activities for all ages.
Supervisory Responsibilities - must be able to build and supervise a team of volunteers to assist in these goals. Responsibilities include coordinating a schedule to make sure the activities center is covered when you cannot be there.
Qualifications - to perform this job successfully an individual must be:
- A resident of this community.
- 21 or older.
- Able to communicate well.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to work well with children of all ages.
- Able to work flexible hours and days.
- Be open and willing to learn new things as opportunities arise. One example would be computer skills.
- Able to pass a criminal background and drug screen.
- Willing to be compensated by a rent-free apartment and a small stipend.
Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence, ability to speak effectively (bi-lingual helpful).
Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense communication and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral. Have the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
ATLANTIC HOUSING is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled