We are looking for a Food Runner to join our team and facilitate collaboration between our kitchen and wait staff while providing a positive guest experience at the Berry Hill Resort located in South Boston, Virginia.
Full / Part-time
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
Food Runner responsibilities include setting tables, serving food orders and removing used dishes and utensils. If you’d like to gain experience in the restaurant industry and learn how to provide an excellent dining experience, we’d like to meet you. To be considered for this role, you should be available to work various shifts, including weekends.
Ultimately, you will ensure our guests have a high-quality dining experience by serving their food in a timely and accurate manner.
· Good oral communication skills
· Remove dirty dishes and utensils
· Answer guests’ questions about ingredients and menu items
· Serve welcome drinks and hors d’oeuvres, upon guests’ arrival
· Check in with customers and take additional orders or refill water, as needed
· Deliver food orders from the kitchen to customers’ tables rapidly and accurately
· Maintains cleanliness and sanitation at all times; performs closing clean-up duties
· Make sure families with young children get kids menus and special silverware sets
· Ensure food is served in accordance with safety standards (e.g. proper temperature)
· Acting as the point of contact between Front of the House and Back of the House staff
· Communicating food orders to chefs, paying attention to priorities (e.g. food allergies)
· Inform restaurant staff about customers’ feedback or requests (e.g. when they ask for the check)
· Assist the wait staff with table setting by fetching and placing appropriate tableware, eating utensils and napkins
· Performs other related duties as assigned by management
· Multi-tasking abilities
· Understanding of hygiene and food safety rules
· Availability to work various shifts, including weekends
· Experience as a Food Expeditor or similar entry-level role in a restaurant
· Physical ability and stamina to carry heavy trays and stand for long hours
· Ability to remain calm and professional in a fast-paced work environment
· Degree in hospitality or restaurant management is a plus
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Respond to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies the appropriate person with an alternate plan.
About the Company:
Up to Par Management, and it's subsidiary, Taylor Hospitality, is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club, hotel, and restaurant operations, full-service management, and consulting. We are a growth-oriented company pride ourselves in providing opportunities for our associates as well as our partner properties.