Hours per week: 40/Full Time
Reports directly to: The Assistant Director and indirectly to the Director and Corporate.
Shift Supervisor in Charge of Training also works as a Monitor and supervises Security Monitors on shift. Provides care for residents and ensures organizational goals are being met. Assists with employee development and establishes a safe working environment.
Education and Qualifications:
High School diploma or GED required. One year of experience in the reentry/correctional field is required. One year supervisory experience is required. Experience tracking and facilitating classes/training is preferred. Experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis with approval from COO/CFO/Executive Director or Human Resources. Must have good communication skills and be able to articulate professionally, verbally and in writing. Must complete annual training required by the contract. Available to work any shift any time any schedule. Must have a valid driver’s license and social security card issued by the U.S. Social Security Administration, and be a United States citizen, permanent resident, or other people lawfully admitted into the United States. Must pass a federal background check.
Skills and Specifications:
- Problem-solving, planning and prioritizing
- Public speaking
- Communication skills – written and verbal
- Information gathering and monitoring
- Flexibility, adaptability, teamwork and customer service orientated
- Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
The Shift Supervisor in Charge of Training shall assume the following job responsibilities:
- Supervises Security Monitors on shift.
- Plans, conducts, and facilitates organizational training according to contract.
- Ensures staff will be provided 20 hours of annual training on required topics.
- Ensures staff receive 40 hours of training on duties and responsibilities prior to working with federal residents.
- Conducts and documents OJT for newly hired staff prior to being placed on shift without supervision.
- Ensure training is documented with the training topics, date, time, and participants placed in each staff member’s respective training file.
- Recommends disciplinary action for employee violations.
- Monitor facility grounds and equipment to ensure they are free from hazard and reports faulty equipment for immediate repair.
- Reviews files, various logs, and tasks to ensure accuracy.
- Conduct urinalysis and Breathalyzer tests as needed.
- Conduct resident counts as needed.
- Monitor resident movement and ensure sign in/sign out procedures are being completed correctly and in compliance with the contract.
- Conducts audits to ensure, documents, logs, and reports are being completed accurately and in compliance with the contract.
- Delegate tasks to Security Monitors such as random Breathalyzer, random room searches, pat searches and walk through.
- Oversee shift operations.
- Participate in the hiring process for Security Monitors if needed.
- Supervise and train Security Monitors on RRC and BOP policies and procedures.
- Assist in creating the staff schedule if needed and forward vacation/sick leave requests.
- Ensure all security posts are manned and personnel is alert and on task.
- Supervise/lead fire drills.
- Assist with staff evaluations if needed.
- Be able to perform all Security Monitor duties as needed.
- Counsel and develop Security Monitor if/when needed.
- Inform the Program Director and/or Assistant Director of any issues or concerns regarding the facility.
- Ensures information is passed down daily to the next shift.
- Must be available to work any shift any time any day.
- Local travel may be required.
- Complete all annual training required by the contract.
- Complies with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Ensures rest and meal breaks are taken in accordance with California law.
- Reports any violation of company policy, employee handbook Standards of Conduct, etc…
Perform other tasks as assigned.
Alternatives, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.”
WORKING ALTERNATIVES INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled