proactively grow with the Northern Mortgage Team ensuring all required
documentation is received, investor/ agency guidelines are met. Issue final
underwriting decision that is documented and supported with all loans in
compliance with regulatory and company standards and requirements. Success in
this position is demonstrated by working with and building a cohesive team
environment personnel in the underwriting department but also all related areas
to a smooth transaction.
· Adequately maintains loan files in a reviewed, orderly and
professional manner to ensure no exceptions in loan review, regulatory audits,
or purchase issues from investors.
· Communicates with Staff and Third-Party Lenders in order to
obtain necessary details to complete loan underwriting review and decision in a
· Thoroughly reviews borrower credit, income, assets and
property to determine risk and evaluate borrower’s repayment ability in order
to render a credit decision.
· Reviews Government loan requirements including but not limited
to CAIVR authorization and clear LDP/GSA searches.
· Conducts and determines appropriate Fraud Prevention measures
have been taken. Able to analyze fraud reports for relevance to loan decision.
· Organizes, validates, and compiles all loan application information
and communicates decisions to appropriate parties both verbally and in writing
while ensuring pipeline efficiencies.
· Assists with re-negotiations of loans based on lending
· Assists in Special Projects and duties as assigned.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing additional tasks
· Works a flexible schedule to complete all job tasks within
· 3+ years current experience in underwriting conventional and
· VA experienced preferred.
· DE Designation (Active Chums Number)
· Encompass experience is helpful.
· Must possess the proven ability to achieve high quality
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Northern Mortgage offers a friendly, family-like
environment that values the communities in which we live and work. We recognize our employees with many benefits
and ongoing professional development and advancement opportunities. We’re always looking for dependable professionals
of all experience to help us continue our stable growth and ongoing success.
Northern Mortgage is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled