In 2023, we changed our name from Anderson Engineering, Inc. to OWN, Inc. to be more reflective of our team and the mindset that makes us go. While the name may be new, the links to the past have led us to what we are today: a community of talented employee-owners driven by mutual success.
OWN, Inc. is an engineering firm that believes in the power of employee-ownership. Our talented team builds futures while helping shape the built environment across the country from our offices in Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, and Florida. We serve the Private Development and Public Infrastructure markets with core offerings of Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Land Surveying, and Field Services. No matter the project or scope, our clients enjoy problem-solving and service that goes beyond the expected.
We are looking for a Project Inspector to join our Kansas City team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates and performs construction inspections verifying that contractors' activities are in compliance with contracts, specifications and engineering principles.
- Performs duties of inspector in charge of routine construction items such as asphaltic or portland cement concrete plants, asphaltic or concrete paving, including grading and base, bridges, concrete box and pipe culverts; inspects general or special items, such as utility construction and adjustments, signing, traffic signals and lighting.
- Performs measurements and tests, computations or other work in preparing change orders, contractor payment estimates and other related documentation.
- Maintains required construction documentation, prepares progress reports and keeps supervisor fully informed as to activities or unusual conditions on the job.
- Provide field checks for contractor surveying operations, and assists survey field crew with layout and staking of construction items as needed.
- Performs other responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Client service oriented
- Self motivated
- Ability to work well with others both internally and externally
- Ability to work with little to no daily supervision
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn various agency software and programs
- Willingness to Travel 75-100% of the time
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Attention to detail
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or similar field preferred but not required
- 3+ years bridge construction inspection experience
- 2+ years of MoDOT/KDOT construction inspection experience
- AASHTOware experience preferred
When you join us, you can find your own way through:
1. Community. Giving of time, treasures, and talents to fulfill personal passions and show up in your community.
2. Empowerment. Our employees are given full reign and the trust to make decisions in the best interest of their clients and teams.
3. Flexibility. The freedom to be a professional. The freedom to be a person.
4. ESOP. Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) is owned 100% by employees – equitably, a fact most employee-owned firms can’t claim.
5. Having fun. Laughing, jokes, high fives, celebrations – we take our work seriously but not ourselves.
6. Teamwork. A sense of belonging, learning from those around you, and feeling like you’re on the winning team.
It is the policy of OWN, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to their race, age, color, physical handicap or disability, military service record, religion, sex, national origin or any other categorization protected by law, and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program.