The valet attendant will be responsible for delivering the highest levels of customer service with each customer transaction by driving, parking, and/or retrieving customer vehicles in a safe, courteous, and timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Park and retrieve customer vehicles in a safely and timely manner.
- Explain parking rates and retrieval procedures to guests upon arrival.
- Inspect each vehicle before taking possession and follow the company’s standard valet operating procedures.
- Ensure all vehicles and keys are organized and in the appropriate areas.
- Open all vehicle doors for guests. Assist with luggage when necessary.
- Assist customers with directions, and other inquiries.
- Maintain a pleasant, friendly and professional demeanor with all guests, co-workers, and clients.
- Report any known accidents or violations of Company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to the local manager.
- Maintain a neat and orderly location at all times, free of debris and trash with clean windows void of unapproved company posters or decorative hangings.
- Provide the company’s standards of service with each customer including maintaining the required uniform appearance, stating the company greeting, answering questions, resolving issues and thanking each customer upon exit.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- May be asked to perform cashier duties.
- May be asked by local management to complete small cleaning or maintenance tasks according to the company’s maintenance checklists.
- Other special projects as assigned by location management.
Minimum Job Qualifications (including but not limited to):
- High School degree required.
- One-year related experience preferred.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and communicate effectively both verbally and through written correspondence.
- Must have a valid DMV- driver’s license.
- Ability to safely drive both a manual and an automatic transmission vehicle.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a professional and friendly demeanor when working with other employees and the parking customer.
- Ability to provide customer resolution in a professional and friendly manner.
- Must maintain a neat and clean appearance in adherence to company standards at all times.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions (including but not limited to):
The physical demands of this position and the work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions.
Physical Demands: the employee will be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands-to-fingers, handle tools or controls, reach with hands or arms, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25lbs.
Work Environment: the employee may be subjected to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes and airborne particles. The noise level in this work environment can range from minimal to moderate.
Propark America is one of the nation’s leading parking companies, providing full and limited service parking solutions for office buildings, retail centers, airports, medical centers, universities, municipal facilities, residential buildings, and hotels. Headquartered in Hartford, Connecticut, Propark operates more than 400 locations in convenient markets across the United States, including Rhode Island, New York, Washington D.C., Boston, Cambridge, Cleveland, Cincinnati, San Antonio, San Francisco, Oakland, Palo Alto, Hartford, Stamford, and New Haven.
Propark is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The TWA Hotel outsources some positions to third-party vendors. By your use of the TWA Hotel’s online job portal, you acknowledge and agree that your résumé and any other submitted documents will be directed to third-party vendors when appropriate — and that hiring decisions are at the sole discretion of those vendors. The vendor will be the sole employer of the individual filling that job position.