Under the direction of the Branch Operations Manager, has the general responsibility to oversee all Resource Associates within the office and to ensure the smooth and orderly operation of the Resource Associates line and related functions.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
1. Resource Associate Activities
a. Oversees all Resource Associates and Assistant Resource Specialist for whom responsible; provides input and may participate in Resource Associate and Assistant Resource Specialist appraisal process.
b. Assist in scheduling all Resource Associates and Assistant Resource Specialist personnel in order to maintain proper staffing.
c. Assist in scheduling regular staff meetings for ongoing training.
d. Ensures that each staff member submits work to proof in a neat and orderly manner and that the Resource Associate’s and Assistant Resource Specialist’s daily balance sheet are properly prepared.
e. Ensures each Resource Associate and Assistant Resource Specialist balances every day. Provides assistance to locate any differences. Ensures that all differences are properly initialed and if required, reported to the manager immediately.
f. Monitors and controls all “detail responsibilities” generally performed by Resource Associates and Assistant Resource Specialist, delegating those duties in a manner, which will maximize efficiency of the office.
g. Ensures that the appearance of the Resource Associate’s and Assistant Resource Specialist’s areas and personnel are neat, organized and in accordance with Bank policy.
a. Ensures that all negotiable and confidential records in the work area are properly secured each day.
b. Oversees proper dually controlled daily opening of the night depository and the processing of the contents therein.
c. Conducts regular unannounced audits of all Vault and Resource Associate’s and Assistant Resource Specialist’s cash, maintaining a written signed record of each audit, reporting any exception to the manager.
3. Receives cash and checks for deposit, verifies amounts and looks for check endorsements. Processes cash through currency counter to guard against acceptance of counterfeit bills.
4. Cashes checks for customers after verifying identification and checking account balances in accordance with bank policy.
5. Enters transactions into computer and issues customer receipts.
6. Counts cash and balances cash and checks against computer records at end of shift.
7. Maintains required monthly cash balances on all cash boxes and vaults.
8. Prepares official checks as requested.
9. Explains bank services and charges to customers.
10. Makes required monthly referrals for bank products and services to current and perspective customers.
11. Observes suspicious behavior and reports any such activity to Head Resource Specialist and/or security personnel as appropriate. In the event of a robbery, remains calm and follows bank procedures to safeguard customers and staff.
12. Substitutes as needed for customer service person during lunches and short breaks, and can perform simple functions such as accessing safe deposit boxes, and explaining ATM operations.
13. May be responsible for balancing Resource Associates and Assistant Resource Specialist to General Ledger.
14. Prepares balance sheets on Resource Associates and Assistant Resource Specialist as necessary.
15. Assist with monthly coaching of Resource Associates and Assistant Resource Specialist
16. Assist with monitoring employees weekly and with reaching their set goals.
17. Responsible for their own Resource Associate drawer.
18. Adheres to the job duties as a Resource Associate.
19. Adheres to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
20. Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
· This is a single incumbent position within specific banking offices.
· One year of Resource Specialist Assistant experience or 2 years of Resource Associate experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled