PLEA Community Services is currently
seeking a Regular Full-Time Home Share Coordinator for
our FolkStone-Vancouver team. The proposed start date for this position is November 14, 2022. This position requires BCGEU membership.
The Home Share Coordinator oversees
contracted home share providers who share their home with, or provide care in a
Folkstone home for, an adult with a developmental disability, medical or
The Home Share Coordinator assists
current providers in day-to-day support, planning for transitions, monitors the
service, and provides quality assurance to funders, families and the agency.
Please submit a resume and cover
letter referencing the competition number 2022118HSC1. Closing date for
Internal Applications: Tuesday, October 25, 2022 at 4:30PM. If the
position is not filled internally, it will remain open until filled.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages a caseload of approximately 25 home
shares, monitoring for compliance as per CLBC/CARF home sharing standards.
- Plans and develops a service plan in
consultation with the supervisor. Plans and implements program activities
and special events.
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of the
program by ensuring that, program guidelines and policies are adhered to,
and program standards and requirements are met.
- Collaborates with internal staff to ensure
client-specific deadlines are met, appointments are attended, and service
plans are followed.
- In consultation with the Program Manager,
supports the delegation of internal staff in meeting the
caseload/client-specific service plan requirements.
- Orients, determines the need for and provides
training to contracted home share providers.
- Promotes public awareness of and support for
the program by performing duties such as community events.
- Liaises with community service providers and
other professionals to coordinate service provision and represent the
organization or program in external events.
- Maintains related records and statistics and
produces reports as required.
- Protects and upholds confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication
skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with clients,
families, internal staff, and external stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the
demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with clients, Family
Caregivers, internal staff, professionals and families.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including
the ability to maintain detailed, confidential records on the agency’s
- Demonstrated crisis management skills,
including the ability to solve problems and make effective decisions in
- Demonstrated ability to work independently,
take initiative, make sound decisions and be held accountable for results.
- Demonstrated ability to be sensitive and
understanding of individuals’ social realities including issues of race,
culture, religion, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, poverty
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues and trends
related to the program.
Education and Knowledge:
- Two-year diploma in a related human/social
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, database
systems and web-based conferencing tools.
Training and Experience:
- Two (2) or more years of recent related
experience, including six (6) or more months of supervisory or
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Clearance.
- Must possess a valid Occupational First Aid
Level 1 Certificate or be willing to obtain one prior to hire.
- Use of Personal Vehicle. This position
requires travel in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.
- A valid B.C. Driver's License (Class 5 or
Class 7), and suitable driver's abstract.
- The usual hours of work in
this position are based on a Monday to Friday flextime scheduling
arrangement, including days and evenings, of 37.5 working hours per week.
- Documentation that the applicant is
legally approved to work in Canada.
- As a Public Service employer and to meet our
funding obligations, PLEA requires successful applicants to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date.
conducts primary source verification of applicant's credentials including
education, training, work history, and licensure.
We thank all applicants for their
interest; however, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.