TCS is looking for teachers
TCS is looking for teachers
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Implements a school program which encourages a positive learning environment and supports Tallahassee Classical School’s mission statement and Core values.
Reports to the Principal
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the joband do not include other non-essential or marginal duties that may be required. The description may not include all functions performed by incumbents in various locations. Tallahassee Classical School reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of this job at any time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Works with peers and administration to engage in relational learning and accomplish the following:
- Creates a positive atmosphere in the classroom to help ensure success for individual student learning
- Sets a plan for classroom management
- Models and instructs virtuous character traits and promotes growth in wisdom, virtue, and compassion in self and students
- Develops curriculum and lesson plans in line with Tallahassee Classical School philosophy
- Creates and administers assessments to monitor progress
- Works with parents to ensure success for each student in the classroom
- Communicates progress with parents and works together to ensure tasks are completed
- Attends meetings, conferences, and in-services as required
- Coordinates special events and field trips to enrich curriculum
- Facilitates character coaching opportunities between a variety of TCS students.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs other duties as required
Bachelor‘s degree and current Florida Professional teaching certificate, or pursuing an alternative certificate required. Prior experience as a teacher in a classical environment preferred.
Complete BCSI Hillsdale Summer Training (June) as provided
Complete all faculty trainings before school year (July/August) and during school year (after school).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Possess a fundamental understanding of Tallahassee Classical School’s values and mission.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of classical curriculum pedagogy and instructional practice.
- Self-disciplined and willing to serve.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to complete tasks promptly and accurately.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Possess positive leadership qualities, such as integrity, level headedness, and charisma.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Knowledge of computer systems, including the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects, and coordinate the work of others.
- Knowledge of school policies on immunization, medication, first aid, emergencies and child abuse/neglect.
- Knowledge of all laws, regulations and guidelines affecting teachers and students.
- Knowledge of effective classroom management techniques.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with students, parents, community members and staff.
SCOPE OF INTERPERSONAL CONTACTS:
- Requires contact with students, parents, volunteers, tutors, support staff, peers, and supervisors
- Contacts are generally of a nature requiring disseminating and discussing routine information, but may occasionally involve sensitive issues or situations
- Work is generally performed in a classroom setting with occasional supervision duties such as carpool line, field trips, special activities, playground, or lunchroom
- Sometimes works in inclement weather
- Work normal school hours and other times as needed
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all inclusive.
- Stoops, kneels, crouches, bends, reaches, and balances while working or helping students
- Spends some time sitting but the majority of time standing and walking while performing job duties
- Oral, visual, and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Conditions of Employment:
Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, her/his legal right to be employed in the United States.
Tallahassee Classical School does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in its educational programs and activities (including employment and application for employment).