Environmental & Maintenance Crew
Job Title: Environmental & Facilities Maintenance
Reports To: Environmental & Facilities Maintenance Manager
Start Date: May
Salary: $15.00 per hour Seasonal, hourly, non-exempt
Position Summary: This position will be within the Municipal Services department. Reporting to the Environmental and Recreation Facilities Manager. Applicants must be able to work from mid-April through. mid October. The Applicants must be able to work 40 plus hours a week. Uphold a positive attitude, work well with a team, able to follow instructions. To maintain and improve the physical facilities of the Lakeside Association. Employees must be available evenings, weekends and holidays (Memorial Day & July 4th ). Reports directly to the VP of Municipal Services and Director of Recreation. Ideal candidate will availability is preferred from mid-April through mid-October. Candidates are physically active, and high energy persons with a positive, service-minded attitude who enjoy a fast paced environment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (To include other duties that may be assigned.) Receives oral or written orders from the Manager of Environmental and Recreation.al Services
- Performs work according to standard procedure and by building's operational schedule.
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities.
- Uphold the highest quality cleaning standards.
- Clean and supply designated building areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleanings, etc.)
- Gather and empty trash receptacles around Lakeside Campus.
- Follow all applicable safety rules and procedures.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Sets up and tears down chairs, tables and equipment in meeting rooms, and function rooms.
- Clears snow from entrances and walkways and spreads salt.
- Collects leaves in fall from Lakeside residents’ property.
- Follows all applicable safety rules and procedures.
- Takes care of guests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Reports work accomplished orally or on written work order to supervisor.
· Follow all written and verbal instructions from supervisor
· Uphold the highest quality of cleaning standards
· Display effective time management in the performance of duties
· Show the ability to work independent when called upon to do so
· Ability to use cleaning and sanitizing along with protective equipment provide if needed
· Maintain a clean, organized work environment including carts, storage areas, closets & equipment
· Uphold the dress code and appearance of Lakeside standards
- Ability to use cleaning and sanitizing products; protective equipment provided if needed and all other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or its equivalent. Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License. Two years’ experience in maintenance and grounds. Must have a working knowledge of building equipment, carpentry, electrical and general maintenance.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the operation.
Ability to apply the basic math concepts.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk;
use hand to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, climb or balance;
specific vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to lift heavy equipment and material. Must be able to frequently move tables and chairs. Must be able to climb ladders, scaffolding, etc. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Riding in a vehicle, walking the grounds in many different types of weather and being able to make quick judgements. These characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lakeside Chautauqua is an equal opportunity employer.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.