Conducts credit investigations and analyzes routine credit information pertaining to loans; prepares, or assists in the preparation of, credit reports for presentation to loan officers or committees; furnishes information in relation to credit inquiries; provides assistance to loan officers as requested
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Developing credit information for use by senior credit analysts, lending officers, or committees in the making of lending decisions on new, renewal, and extension loans.
2. Investigates all available sources of credit and financial information, including reporting services, credit bureaus, other companies, main office files, and branches.
3. Analyzes financial statements and related material.
4. Prepares summary, presents facts, and occasionally offers opinions concerning credit-worthiness.
5. Providing credit information and references for customers, loan officers, or other agencies as requested.
6. Ensures that all credit files are kept current with latest financial statements, agency reports, etc.
7. Contacts all available sources of information.
8. Assembles all pertinent information and reports.
9. Adheres to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
• Degree in business related major (i.e. accounting, finance, etc.) or equivalent work experience. 5-years of full-time work experience in any business related field may be substituted for the required baccalaureate degree.
• Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will posses the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled