Biohabitats, a leading conservation planning, ecological restoration, regenerative design, and construction firm is seeking an engineer with a solid foundation in the principles of green infrastructure, nature-based design, and ecological restoration projects from concepts through construction documents and implementation.
This position will lead a variety of public, private, and institutional projects throughout the Southeast Atlantic Bioregion and the Gulf coast, with an opportunity to collaborate on projects led out of other Bioregion offices. Projects will vary in type, scale, and complexity and may include living shorelines, coastal wetland restoration, climate resiliency and adaptation, green infrastructure and stormwater management, floodplain and river restoration, dam removal, and fish passage.
Applicants must not only be motivated and technically skilled, but also passionate about restoring the earth and inspiring ecological stewardship.
- Managing, leading, coordinating and supporting ecologically focused projects.
- Performing hydrologic and hydraulic modeling.
- Performing water resources engineering studies.
- Preparing concept designs through construction documents, specifications & cost estimates.
- Providing construction administration services.
- Contributing to Design-Build projects.
- Participating in business development and proposal preparation.
- Applied experience leading coastal, river/stream, floodplain, and wetland restoration projects.
- Client and project management experinece.
- Proposal and task order development experience.
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD for the development of design plans.
- Knowledge of hydrologic and hydraulic modeling methods, techniques, and analyses.
- Construction oversight experience.
- Ability to work both collaboratively in a team environment and independently.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of coastal plain ecosystems.
- Experience with hydrologic and hydraulic modeling programs (e.g. TR-55/TR-20, StreamStats, WMS, HEC-RAS, SWMM, HydroCAD).
- Federal and state regulatory permitting experience.
- Experience with MicroStation and ArcGIS/ArcMap/ArcGIS Pro.
B.S. or M.S. in relevant engineering field (e.g. Civil, Environmental, Ecology, Biosystems)
Years of Experience
8+ years relevant engineering with nature-based projects
Commensurate with experience
South Carolina PE or ability to obtain through reciprocity within six months of hire date
Flexible, but strongly prefer Charleston, SC
Provide 1) Cover Letter (required) 2) Resume in .PDF not to exceed 5MB. Applications without these components will not be considered.
Biohabitats is a purpose-driven, performance oriented, and values led organization. We are a certified B-Corp, meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance. To ensure that you will thrive at Biohabitats, we highly encourage you to review our Mission, Values, and Approach before applying.
Biohabitats is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled