Rife is seeking candidates for the position of GIS Architect. This position is based in Calgary and will report to the Team Lead, Data Innovation and Analytics. The successful candidate will work with the team to further develop and enhance GIS assets, architecture, and integration across various platforms within the enterprise(s).
Please note, although we have preference for this position to be on a full-time permanent basis, we are open to consideration of this position being part-time or contract, based on the preferences of the successful candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and enhance data extracts from land and well data systems in both Canada and US, process and generate spatial layers and assist with utilization in various applications
- Review, update and enhance GIS data repositories, geoprocessing & exports, validate and publish scripts
- Ensure datasets adhere to existing standards and advise on standards improvement opportunities
- Provide spatial analysis of disparate datasets and advise on opportunities to leverage ArcGIS as the business needs evolve
- Develop a roadmap for implementation of ArcGIS Enterprise as per Esri’s recommended deployment model
- Installation, licensing, configuration of ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, My Esri
Required Characteristics, Attributes and Skills
Strong understanding of:
- Land data systems and subsurface rights
- Well entities and relationships
- Grid systems (Canada and the US)
- Datums, projections and transformations
- Spatial data formats
Direct development experience with:
- ArcGIS Geoprocessing Framework (spatial joins, selection by attribute or location, spatial analysis, feature manipulation)
- Feature class geometry repair and editing
- ArcGIS Pro desktop capabilities and cartographic standards including mapping, symbology, labeling and querying
- Troubleshooting spatial data problems, geoprocessing results, spatial analysis results
- Automating data validation processes
- ArcGIS Enterprise components (portal, server, data store, license manager)
- Requirements gathering to determine if ArcGIS can provide a solution
- Intermediate Python 3 developer
- Experience with open-source libraries (e.g. pandas, SQLAlchemy) and Jupyter Notebook, SciTE or another Python IDE is required
- 10 years of development experience with ArcGIS API for Python (including ArcPy library) is required
- Intermediate SQL (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and SQLite) is required
- Experience with leading and advising on GIS functions is required
- Successful implementation of a GIS solution within business and information architectures would be considered an asset
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, GIS, or equivalent education is considered an asset
- ESRI Technical Certification is considered an asset
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application
Additional Working Conditions:
Hybrid Work Program Information - We understand the way we do our work has changed and our employees are looking for flexibility with a blend of in-office and remote work. Rife currently has a hybrid work program in place allowing us to live, learn and adapt in a way that works for our business and our employees.
What does our hybrid work program look like?
- Combination of in-office and remote work: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday are core in-office workdays, Monday and Friday in-office or remote based on your preference
- Flexible work hours, while committing to being available during our core hours of 9:00am – 3:00pm
If you choose to participate in the hybrid work program, you will:
- Be provided with a Rife computer or laptop when working in the office
- Require access to a personal computer when working from home
- Group Benefits program
- Health and Wellness Spending account
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Pension plan
- Flex day program
- Hybrid work program
Equity, Inclusion and Diversity
Committed to attracting and retaining diverse employees, Rife Resources will honor your experiences, perspectives, and unique identity. Together, we strive to create and maintain a working environment that is welcoming and promotes diversity of thought, inclusivity and equity.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position