Tewksbury Country Club in Tewksbury, MA is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Golf Course Superintendent.
Qualified candidates will have degree and experience leading a club agronomy team.
Key Responsibilities of the Golf Course Superintendent:
• Prepares and maintains the annual golf course maintenance budget and capital plans.
• Plans, organizes and directs the maintenance and construction of putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and bunkers.
• Supervises the planting and cultural practices involved in growing various turf grasses, trees and ornamental plants
• Ensures that maintenance equipment is properly maintained.
• Procures supplies and materials within budgetary limitations.
• Keeps record of annual maintenance activities and costs. Prepares reports.
• Implements sound purchasing procedures utilizing preferred vendors, when possible.
• Reconciles and provides timely coding of all invoices, payroll and other required documents.
• Coordinates snow removal (depending upon facility location).
• Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
• Ensures that they and all associates obtain proper training and/or licenses needed to perform job tasks safely and within city, state, and federal regulations. Addresses directly all real or perceived environmental concerns.
• Ensures proper mixing, calibration, and application of all chemical/fertilizers used on the course.
• Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Assistant Superintendent, 2nd Assistant Superintendent, Head Mechanic, Environmental Technician, Equipment Operator, Foreman, Greenskeeper, and Irrigation Technician.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Minimum Qualifications for the Golf Course Superintendent:
• Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (Degree preference in agronomy/ horticulture/ plant/soil science).
• Must have a valid Driver’s License.
• Possesses Pesticide License.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.