At CubicFarms we believe in the power of technology to feed a changing world. We actively seek talented people who want to make a difference in the ag-tech space by bringing creative ideas to life and leaving an imprint in a healthier, more sustainable world. If you are enthusiastic about joining a dynamic and innovative company on the leading edge of the ag-tech revolution, we invite you to apply!
CubicFarms (TSXV:CUB) is an ag-tech company providing automated growing systems for fresh produce and nutritious livestock feed. CubicFarms offers turnkey, commercial scale, hydroponic, automated controlled environment growing systems that can grow predictably and sustainably for 12 months of the year virtually anywhere on earth. The company has sold and installed systems in Canada and internationally and continues to grow a global pipeline of prospective customers. Visit us at www.cubicfarms.com.
THE ROLE: MECHANICAL DRAFTER/DESIGNER
CubicFarms is looking for a full-time Mechanical Drafter/Designer to join our team. The Mechanical Designer/Drafter will perform general drafting duties and detail engineering work by analyzing schematics and blueprints, preparing mechanical system designs and fabrication, and coordination of drawings. The Design drafter will work closely with Project Managers to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and project requirements.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• 4+ years of SolidWorks Design Experience.
• Diploma or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
• Hands-on install/manufacturing experience.
• Ability to take apart machines with tools and put them back together.
• Strong understanding of GD&T.
• Ability to design working machines with little to no supervision.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
• Very strong SolidWorks skills (professional experience only, not university experience)
• Highly efficient and able to work quickly without sacrificing quality.
• Can take direction from Senior Engineers and create mechanical devices with little supervision.
• Communicates well and able to build relationships with others to facilitate sharing information around the design/drafting process.
• Excellent time management skills, thus ensuring deadlines are always met.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Team player
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Use SolidWorks software to develop 3D mechanical designs and machines.
• Work with electrical engineering to integrate sensors, motors, actuators and programming into your designs.
• Design and draft detailed shop drawings for mechanical approval, fabrication, and site installation.
• Provide complete fabrication drawings and bills of materials.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CubicFarms is an equal opportunity employer is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified and enthusiastic candidates. CubicFarms is a growing organization in an emerging industry that will provide the right candidate with significant potential for advancement in the ag-tech space.