Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc.
is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit affordable housing provider. Founded in 1999, we
currently own and operate over 10,000 units of multifamily properties in 6
states and 37 cities. In addition to HUD, HAP and LIHTC properties, Atlantic
Housing owns and operates mixed-income multifamily assets, student housing and
The mission of Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc. is to promote and preserve
quality affordable housing and related services for low and moderate income families,
helping residents improve their lives. We will do this in a manner that will
foster the continuous improvement of our people and our company. We strive to
be a top performing, thoroughly professional and genuinely caring organization
in all that we do. As an organization, we aspire to and believe in - Making A
About the Senior
The Senior Accountant is responsible for month end close, financial
statements, timely reporting of all trust accounts and replacement reserve
requests. Our growing portfolio consists
of a mix of affordable, student housing, and senior living multifamily apartments.The Senior Accountant reports to
the Property Controller, and will work closely with the Property and Regional
Managers, as well as Corporate staff.
- Budget preparation and support for
- Review monthly financials for
- Review and prepare monthly GPR
- Reconcile all bank and trust
accounts each month
- Maintain balance sheet accounts in
balance with supporting sub ledger and/or supporting documents (such as AR
Rent, Prepaid Rent, Security Deposits, Prepaid insurance, and liabilities)
- Manage and review credit cards and
post JE to properties
- Help process all required and
replacement reserve draws.
- Update per unit analysis
- Replacement Reserve schedule
- Mentor Staff Accountants
- Assist with the annual audit
- Bachelor’s Degree, Accounting
degree highly preferred
- Accounting experience 5 or more
- Yardi experience, preferred
- Relevant work experience within
multifamily real estate industry.
- Able to understand, review and
analyze property financial statements.
- Excellent skills with Excel and
- Dedicated to the mission of providing
affordable housing and transforming communities.
- Outstanding written and oral
- High attention to detail; must
possess the confidence that work product is accurate and complete.
- Solve problems independently and be
flexible enough to work in a group setting.
- Meet deadlines and prioritize work
- Ability to provide leadership to
property managers and work well within a team setting.
Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled