Hoover Auditorium Technical Director POSITION FILLED DO NOT APPLY
Job Title: Hoover Auditorium Technical Director
Reports To: Director of Arts & Entertainment Programming
Start Date: mid-April 2023
Position Summary: Hoover Auditorium, in Lakeside Chautauqua, is home to a busy summer arts series which presents multiple events each week between Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends. Programs include a wide variety of evening & weekend events including rock bands, symphony concerts, family variety acts, lectures, worship events and more.
The Hoover Technical Director prepares for and manages the day-to-day production operations of Hoover Auditorium, a 2500 seat historic proscenium theatre. The TD requires a working knowledge of audio, lighting and video production and systems. Responsibilities include the daily management of all events, as well as weekly cleaning and maintenance of facilities and equipment. The TD advances technical requirements on all contracts and supervises the seasonal crew. The TD works on a flexible schedule basis and is required to work all major events in Hoover to ensure safety and appropriate facility operation. Must be available full time from mid-May through August, and ideally through Labor Day weekend. Flexible part time hours required in April and September.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (To include other duties that may be assigned.)
• Advances all contracts in regard to technical requirements for events, including crew, in-house and rental equipment
· Coordinates the daily load in/set up/load out for performances including lighting, audio, video, staging, production and backline
· Schedules, trains and supervises production crew
· Coordinates building and equipment maintenance in a timely manner
· Serves as running crew for events in one of the following roles:
Audio Tech Light Board Operator Video Switcher/Stage Manager
· Maintains safe environment both backstage and front of house for all crew, performers and patrons
· Ensures customer service and satisfaction are of highest priority with all staff
· Communicates with all parties in an efficient and effective manner
· Maintain the image of the organization at all times in the facility and community whether on or off the clock.
· Evaluates Hoover stage crew mid and post season
· Evaluate the Hoover season programming with relation to mission, audience and venue
Education and/or Experience:
Experience in technical theatre production is required, strong audio background preferred. Associate degree or higher in technical theatre or related field preferred. Experience with managing high school or college age crew strongly desired. Must possess strong communication skills, ability to motivate others and work independently and as a team member.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift/roll/move up to 75 lbs. Employee may be exposed to wet, cold, humid, hot conditions and may be required to work outdoors for load in. These characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, please send letter and resume to Shirley Stary: email@example.com or 419-798-4461 ext. 216
Lakeside Chautauqua is an equal opportunity employer.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.