Family Programs- Fall 2021 (Paid Internship)
The Fall Family Programs Intern is responsible for planning, assisting, and co-leading the educational programming focusing on youth and family audiences. These fall / winter programs include Family Block Party and programs related to temporary exhibitions and museum commemorations. The project-based internship also assists in the independent research and development of youth activities and community partnerships for the museum’s annual Scout Week slated for January 2022. The schedule will include select dates Tuesday through Saturday from September 14 through December 11, 2021.
- Student currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s level program in education, history, arts administration or related field.
- Minimum of one year experience working with children in a school, camp, or related environment.
- Must be mature, reliable, creative, friendly, and energetic.
- Must be able to pass a background check and successfully complete Louisiana State mandatory reporter training (online).
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift weights up to 20 pounds; may require prolonged siting, standing and/or walking during which time objects are transported; may require bending, squatting, or reaching and occasional use of equipment.
The position is subject to change in response to program needs as we continue to monitor the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.