MDS Coordinator at Oak Creek Terrace
Caring Place Healthcare Group Kettering, OH
Oak Creek Terrace Nursing & Rehab carries a distinctive 5-Star rating from the centers for Medicare and Medicaid! A family-owned and operated facility conveniently located near Bigger & Rahn Rd., just minutes from I-675
Our Team Members are eligible for the following benefits:
- 3 different health insurance plans of which include access to 4 local Marathon Health clinics. These are FREE private primary care clinics and they can provide over 200 common prescription medications for free!
- Daily Pay
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short or long-term disability insurance
- All insurances start at 30 days!
- 401k with a company match at hire!
- Free meal on each shift
The primary purpose of the MDS Coordinator is to collect data and implement a decision-making process to ensure that appropriate care will be provided to a resident. An interdisciplinary team will conduct the assessment. The MDS Coordinator will oversee the process, contributing input as needed and will certify the completion of the assessment. The assessment process includes completing the MDS, RAPs and care plans. An LPN or RN may complete the nursing portion of the assessment process.Guidelines:
- The MDS will be conducted according to the Federal/State regulations.
- The tracking of MDS due dates will be the responsibility of each MDS Coordinator.
- MDS Coordinator will schedule care conference near the MDS completion date.
- MDS assignment will be divided into two parts as decided by the Administrator.
- With each MDS the following items will also need completion: RAPS as appropriate. Review and update care plan. Review quality indicators and address in care plan. Restraint/Appliance assessment. Psychoactive medication assessment. Review of nurses’ notes.
- The MDS Coordinator needs to monitor resident RUG scores and perform assessments as needed to maximize scoring.
- The MDS Coordinator will complete a discharge summary on any resident within his/her assignment.
- The MDS Coordinator will participate in the performance improvement program as directed by the Administrator and/or Director of Nursing.
- The MDS Coordinator may be directed by the Administrator and/or Director of Nursing to participate in direct resident care based on staffing needs
- RN License
- 1 - 2 years of MDS experience in a Long-Term care, skilled-nursing facility