JOB SUMMARY: The production assistant will assist the Chiefs in-house production arm, 65 Toss Power Trap Productions, with a wide variety of media projects, with a specific focus on the production of digital and social media content.
- Produce digital and social video content relating to Chiefs games, training camp, preseason, and other miscellaneous events.
- Use Chiefs media asset management software (CatDV) to ingest, categorize and organize game and practice footage, interviews, feature b-roll and press conferences.
- Use Adobe Creative Suite to assemble, edit, process, color correct, format, and export video projects from start to finish.
- Assist in the production of live events and in-stadium productions.
- Work as crew member and assist in pre-production for the Chiefs independently produced preseason television broadcasts.
- Perform additional duties as assigned from time-to-time by Head of Production.
1. Technical Skills-Must assess own strengths and weaknesses; pursue training and development opportunities. Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills.
2. Oral Communications-Must Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification. Demonstrate group presentation skills and participate in meetings.
3. Written Communications- Must Write clearly and informatively.
4. Leadership-Exhibit confidence in self and others; inspire and motivate others to perform well. Readily accept feedback from others and provide vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
5. Innovation-Display original thinking and creativity. Meet challenges with resourcefulness.
6. Judgment-Display willingness to make decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgment. Include appropriate people in decision-making process.
7. Motivation-Demonstrate excellent personal motivation and encourage others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Show persistence and overcome obstacles. Take calculated risks to accomplish goals.
1. Light office duties and activities.
2. Will periodically be required to lift and carry production equipment totaling 50-75 lbs.
1. 1-2 years video production experience including writing, editing, camera operation, lighting and design.
2. Must be proficient using Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro or Avid.
3. Demonstrated strong creative skills that can be applied to TV and digital production applications.
4. Versatility, organization, and dependability a must.
5. Must be a team player, willing and able to learn new concepts and processes, and willing to travel for shoots when necessary.
6. Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
*Must Furnish Reel / Work Samples and References.
QUICK FACTS / REQUIREMENTS:
Any relocation fees are the responsibility of the successful applicant. All candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S.A.
A minimum of 40 hours each week. This position will regularly exceed 40 hours due to weekend games, and projects requiring work on nights and weekends, in addition to the general office schedule of 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday.