Estrella Home Health Care, Inc is a licensed, insured Home Health Agency owned and operated by three Registered Nurses with 90+ years of combined experience in delivering compassionate, cost-effective personal care.
Registered Nurse Essential Functions:
- Provide nursing care in accordance with the patient’s plan of care.
- Coordinate total patient care by conducting comprehensive health and psychosocial evaluation, monitoring the patient’s condition, promoting sound preventative practices, coordinating services and teaching training activities. Assist as assigned with ambulation, transfers and/or range of motion exercises.
- Perform admission, transfer, re-certification, resumption of care and discharge OASIS for the home care patient.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of nursing service to the patient and family on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare and present the patient’s record to the Clinical Record Review Committee as indicated.
- Consult with the attending physician concerning alterations of Patient Care Plans, checks with the appropriate supervisor and makes changes, as appropriate.
- Coordinate patient services.
- Submit clinical notes within 48 hours after the visit, and progress notes and other clinical record forms outlining the services rendered as indicated.
- Participate in case conferences, discuss with the supervisor problems concerning the patients and how they may best be handled.
- Discuss with the appropriate supervisor the need for the involvement of other members of the health team such as the Certified Nursing Assistant, the Physical Therapist, the Speech Therapist, the Occupational Therapist, the Medical Social Worker.
- Participate in the patient’s discharge planning process.
- Cooperate with other agencies providing nursing services to provide continuity of care and to implement a comprehensive care plan.
- Participate in staff development meetings.
- Continually strive to improve his/her nursing care skills by attending in-service education, through formal education, attendance at workshops, conferences, active participation in professional and related organizations and individual research and reading.
- Participate in the development and periodic revision of the physician’s Plan of Treatment and processes change orders as needed.
- Submit clinical notes within forty-eight (48) hours, and progress notes and other clinical record forms outlining the services rendered.
- Participate in patient’s discharge planning process.
- Maintain an on-going knowledge of current drug therapy.
- Adhere to Federal, state, and accreditation requirements including Medicare and Medicaid regulations.
- May be requested by Home Health Services Director to fill in for other nurses.
Registered Nurse Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing is required as frequent communication by telephone and in writing in English is required.
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide client services.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks to effectively deal with multiple changes based on client needs and scheduling.
Registered Nurse Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Able to travel from assignment to assignment within the geographic area served.
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance.
- Medium physical activity that may require constant lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling over 50 lbs., and physically stretching, bending, stooping, twisting, standing, sitting, walking, reaching and climbing stairs.
- Able to frequently lift, reposition, and transfer clients and assist with standing and walking.
- Able to constantly stand, bend, stoop, twist, stretch, squat, kneel, walk, climb stairs and reach freely.
Registered Nurse Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Must be licensed in the State as a Registered Nurse.
- One or more years of experience in the community/home health agency or in a hospital setting is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid guidelines and techniques of professional nursing and required documentation that pertains to it.
- Must have a working knowledge of home health care and the principles
- Should be skillful in organization and in the principles of time management and have knowledge of management processes.
- Must be able to contribute to the quality of care being rendered through constructive communication with nursing managers and staff.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Must have a current CPR certification.
ESTRELLA HOME HEALTH CARE INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled