Do you like making genuine connection with people? Make timely deliveries to our various housing locations? Come work for one of BC’s top not-for-profit society
The Phoenix Society is a not-for-profit society dedicated to providing accessible services and opportunities to people who face barriers related to addiction, mental health, housing, education, criminal justice involvement and/or employment.
Reporting to the Kitchen Manager, the Food and Supply Delivery Driver is responsible for making deliveries safely and in a timely manner to our various Phoenix Society housing locations.
1. Loading, transporting, and delivering items to our various housing locations in a safe, timely manner.
2. Reviewing orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are completed.
3. Assisting with loading and unloading items from vehicles.
4. Sanitize inside / outside of Cambro carts when they are back after meal service delivery.
5. Providing excellent customer service, answering questions, and handling complaints if necessary.
6. Adhering to assigned routes and following time schedules.
7. Abiding by all transportation laws and maintaining a safe driving record.
8. Preparing reports and other documents relating to deliveries.
9. Operating equipment the transportation vehicle in a proper manner.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Academic: High School diploma or Prior delivery driving experience is an asset.
- English: fluent and able to effectively communicate professionally, orally and written, in English.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check Review
- Valid BC driver's license.
- Clean driving record.
- Experience may be required or preferred.
- Willingness to adhere to assigned routes, schedules, safety procedures, and transportation laws.
- Strong time management and customer service skills.
- Ability to drive, lift and carry heavy items for extended periods.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Negative Tuberculosis Screening Certificate.
Casual on-call, as needed. Employees submit availability monthly and must be available to work at least three shifts per month.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume via our job board or on this site.
We look forward to your application!
Phoenix Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants to apply and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.