Dishwasher/Steward (Seasonal May/October)
Clean food delivery, storage, and preparation areas; help maintain an inventory of china, glassware, hollowware, silverware, and cooking utensils.
- Scrapes food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in racks or on the conveyor to dish-washing machine.
- Washes pots, pans, and trays.
- Stores all dishes and other wares in proper areas.
- Sweeps and mops kitchen floors and other kitchen related areas.
- Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, and meat blocks.
- Removes garbage and places it in designated containers.
- Steam cleans or hoses out garbage cans and relines with new garbage bags. Breaks down
- Polishes silverware, platters and chafing dishes using burnishing machine tumbler,
- chemical dip, buffing wheel or hand cloth.
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Loads and unloads trucks picking up or delivering supplies and food.
- Assists chefs and cooks as needed.
- While primarily an indoor job, must be able to work at outdoor locations on occasion, walking on uneven surfaces.
- Able to work effectively in a kitchen environment with occasional extremes in temperature (heat, cold, humidity) for an extended period of time.
- Able to sit, stand, twist, bend, push, pull, walk, on a regular basis for periods of up to 8 hours or more per day.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 25 lbs. & occasionally lift, carry, push & pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, reaching and repetitive hand & arm movements constantly; squeezing and overhead reaching occasionally.
- Must be able to twist and bend frequently, and squat occasionally.