vision is to break the cycle of poverty one neighbor at a time. Through safety-net services and asset
building solutions, Worcester Community Action Council (WCAC) creates economic
mobility opportunities for tens of thousands of people annually through
programs such as energy assistance, early education and care, financial
empowerment, positive youth development, and career pathways. WCAC
serves 45 towns in Central and South-Central Massachusetts with offices located
in Worcester, Webster, and Southbridge. We are committed to a
workplace culture with a shared passion for our vision that promotes teamwork,
respect, and the opportunity to make a difference.
What we offer:
WCAC provides on-the-job training
and professional development opportunities. As well as an excellent benefit
package with no waiting period to enroll in health, dental, vision, life/LTD,
and 403(b) retirement plan. Generous paid holiday calendar, vacation, personal
and sick time. In addition to fair and transparent pay practices, we offer an additional pay differential to bilingual employees.
Head Start is a center-based program providing developmentally appropriate curricula, health and nutrition services, meals, special education opportunities, and family services for preschool aged children and their families. As a member of WCAC's Head Start team, the Family Advocate is responsible for working with families to help them realize
their self-sufficiency goals, providing
advocacy, case management and social service guidance. We have both school year and year round opportunities available.
Research shows that women and
people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single
qualification. At WCAC we are dedicated to building a diverse, equitable, and
inclusive workplace so if you are excited about this position, but donâ€™t meet
all of the qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyways.
- Associate's degree in Early Childhood Education or related field required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-2 years experience in the human services field.
- Knowledge of community resources in Southern Worcester County.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to
learn Agency software and databases.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse individuals, families, co-workers, and community partners.
- Embraces and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Customer service oriented; strong interpersonal and communication skills with a positive outlook and empathic style.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation. Must use personal vehicle and will be reimbursed for mileage.
- Ability to successfully complete a CORI/SORI/DCF Fingerprinting review.
- Mandatory annual physical, Mantoux test, and COVID-19 Vaccination required.
- Physical ability to life a child up to 50lbs.
- Evening and weekend hours may be required to meet the needs of the program.
- First Aid & CPR Certification much be achieved within 30 days of hire.
Send cover letter and resume specifying position via email to email@example.com.
Worcester Community Action Council, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, membership in the uniformed services or any other classification which is protected under state or federal law.