Reports to: Outpatient Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ABOUT VERTAVA HEALTH:
Vertava Health is a leading national behavioral healthcare system for mental health and substance use disorders, providing a full continuum of services based on the individuals' varying needs at different times in their health and recovery journey. We apply evidence-based treatment modalities at every level of care and embed digital health tools to enhance and amplify clinical outcomes. With a growing list of Joint Commission accredited inpatient and outpatient locations across the country, a virtual care platform and a national network of healthcare providers, Vertava Health pioneers care that empowers people so that they can live out their best future.
In order to make this possible, we need an exceptional Outreach Coordinator who can meet the requirements below. Think you have what it takes to help us change lives all over the country?
As Outreach Coordinator, you will be a key member of the local leadership team responsible for overall coordination of business development and education of patients, insurance companies, physicians, hospitals, nurses, community resources, other health care specialists and the local community. Ensures continuity of care, smooth interaction and communication between all involved in patient care activities. In conjunction with the Clinic Director, this role is responsible for the development of outpatient programs in the general community.
Priority responsibilities include:
- Visit and establish effective rapport with physicians, office staff, discharge planners and other referral sources
- Participate in external marketing, including building relationships with referral sources, supporting marketing functions sponsored by the communities to engage in community networking, conducting physician visits, and meeting with discharge planners as needed
- Develop outpatient programs in cooperation with the Clinic Director, Sales & Marketing team by assessing the needs of the program and developing a marketing plan of action with quarterly goals
- Integrate efforts with the community marketing team to ensure efforts are coordinated and in line with the community’s goals
- Seek new markets in the community to promote education
- Participate in the planning for expansion of patient referrals
- Develop and deliver health educational services
- Attend weekly case conferences and provide feedback/reports on patient’s progress
- Act as liaison to physicians to report patient’s progress toward goals, response to treatment, or updated treatment plans, as well as to the Residential Case Managers to ensure smooth transition
- Create and present business plans to target physicians, Assisted Living Facilities and other key referral sources.
- If a licensed clinician, may be asked to occasionally cover community based residents as needed for SOC, care plan development or assistance with staffing
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with cross-functional teams
- Complete trainings as assigned
- Embody brand values by fostering a growth mindset, demanding integrity from self and others, setting higher standards and working together
Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Marketing, and/or Licensed Nurse preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in sales or public relations, preferably in a home health care company or a minimum of three (3) years of nursing experience; or therapist, social worker, or medically trained equivalent, with experience in social services coordination for patients with multiple, complex medical and/or socioeconomic needs
- Team player who is motivational and has excellent communications skills
- Must enjoy working with a diverse population
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; judgement; and decision-making ability
- Ability to use hands and fingers, talk or hear
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and reach continually. Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch frequently
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Close vision required to see computer monitor, read documents, and operate copy and fax machine
- Work environment is indoors and climate controlled. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions
Vertava Health is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled