Emterra is currently seeking for a Sorter/Labourer to join our team at our Surrey, BC location. This position is responsible for sorting recyclable materials and assisting with the overall operation of the yard. The sorter/labourer is responsible to ensure unacceptable materials are removed from recycling or to be re-directed. Sorters will be exposed to all weather elements.
Who We Are
Emterra Group is a dynamic, growth-oriented, and safety-focused group of companies. organizations have been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for recycling, organics, and waste that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion and the circular economy. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC) and the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE).
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group
- Opportunity to be part of one of Canada’s Greenest Employers!
- Competitive wages and annual wage increases!
- Comprehensive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)!
- Employee Assistance Program, paid for by the Company!
- Tuition reimbursement program and professional development support!
- Be part of an entrepreneurial organization that wants to continue to learn and grow!
- Ability to have impact and make change!
What will you do?
- Perform duties in a safe manner in compliance with all Company policies;
- Ensure Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is utilized;
- Inspect materials and sort items or materials into designated areas;
- Pull contaminants from sorting line;
- Perform cleaning duties related to plant equipment and general housekeeping;
- Report system problems immediately to Supervisor;
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area and surrounding area;
- Maintain an excellent attendance record and an excellent safety and work quality record;
- Other duties as assigned.
What will you bring?
- Effective interpersonal skills to be able to communicate, understand and respond to questions, instructions, signs, signals and safety training;
- Excellent teamwork skills;
- Must be able to perform repetitive/physical tasks for extended periods of time and lift items of up to 25lb;
- Must be able to work shifts as required;
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Shift time is 6:30am to 3pm
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions;
- Exposure to dust, noise, heat, cold and fumes found in a shop environment;
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste and recycling;
- Exposure to equipment traffic.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s Greenest Employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now! We appreciate all applicants who apply however only those who are qualified, will be contacted.
Emterra Group is committed to maintaining an equitable, fair, and diverse environment. Any applicants who have a disability or require reasonable accommodation may speak directly with our Human Resources Department. Reasonable accommodations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position