Pinpoint Predictive is a VC and Stanford StartX-funded company that is actively seeking an experienced and self-motivated Senior Data Engineer to join our core team. This role represents a unique, ground-floor opportunity to make your mark on our platform and company.
You are a passionate backend data engineer who can design highly scalable and reliable data pipelines to consume, integrate, and analyze large volumes of data from different sources to support the fast-changing needs of our business. You’re able to work closely with colleagues in engineering, data science, product, management, and advisors, but also able to work independently. You’re interested in human psychology, and in what truly motivates individual differences in behavior in the digital world and beyond. If this is you, then this is an opportunity that you can’t miss:
Pinpoint Predictive has brought to market the first privacy-safe and commercial applications of Psychometric AI-powered targeting and analytics. Our ThinkalikeTM rankings are able to significantly outperform lookalike audiences in several ways on important platforms. We are working with a range of paying customers, including Fortune 500 accounts.
Pinpoint is uniquely situated to disrupt people predictions with Psychometric AI, first in marketing personalization, and later across several other important sectors of the economy, including financial services. Bringing to market a first scalable, scientific standard in people data will also disrupt the way that people predictions are made across countries.
Pinpoint was founded by an internationally recognized expert in heritable psychometric traits, and has attracted strong talent in big-data psychometrics, engineering, data science, product, operations, and finance. This opportunity is now, and we’ve got a competitive compensation package of cash + equity + excellent benefits.
- Provide guidance on system architecture, code structure and quality, technical debt, and testing. Work with engineering management to institute processes where appropriate.
- Work closely with, and in support of, the Data Science team. Demonstrate strong implementation aptitude to translate requirements into a scalable solution to meet the needs of the company and our clients, while meeting deadlines.
- Build tools to allow internal and external teams to visualize and extract insights from big-data platforms.
- Automate everything.
The Ideal Candidate Has/Is:
- 5+ years of experience in software development, with 3+ years of experience in a data engineering role for commercial products.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark.
- Strong SQL development experience (Postgres / AWS Redshift).
- Expert in Scala or Java.
- Comfortable working with development in Linux/Unix environment.
- Experience with shell scripting.
- BS in computer science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Enthusiasm for working on a fast-paced engineering team.
- Familiarity with building/deploying services and data pipelines in AWS.
- Experience implementing operational best practices such as monitoring, alerting, and metadata management.
- Working knowledge of machine learning and statistics.
- Experience in a technical and/or team leadership role, or a desire to grow into one with a pattern of achievement and growth.
- Familiarity with digital marketing is a plus
We’re growing quickly and hope you’ll join us. Come and learn with the best and help us turn data into real-world impact. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Mateo, two blocks from the train station and dozens of restaurants, and bike friendly.