NEW RESTAURANT! Smashing Grapes Gambrills:
The host is to supervise and coordinate the activities of the dining room within our restaurant. The host practices strong telephone and guest service etiquette. Warmly greets and seats guests in the highest professional manner.
• Answer incoming telephone calls in a prompt and professional manner.
• Possess the knowledge of the POS system to ring sales.
• Practices complete guest service by greeting and welcoming guests.
• Possesses knowledge of food, beverages, and merchandise served.
• Able to properly set tables.
• Understands mechanics of service and can arrange tables for large parties.
• Maintains dining room, entrance (interior & exterior) restaurant throughout shift.
• Ensures that there are plenty of clean menus for service period.
• Appears and acts in a professional manner.
• Checks with manager to assure see if there are any large parties.
• Make sure server is aware when they have a table.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the dining room, entrance, bathrooms and menus are kept clean throughout operations.
• Each guest should be greeted upon entrance and thanked as they exit.
• Assist in cleaning and resetting of tables when necessary.
• Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by a manager at any time.
• Maintain Merchandise Showcase as needed
• Clean and neat appearance
• Able to report to work as scheduled
• Process strong customer service skills, ability to work in a fast paced team oriented environment
• Must be able to communicate clearly
• Ability to stand for prolonged periods
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally
The location of the restaurant is:
2383 Brandermill Blvd
Gambrills, MD 21054