Beach and Pool Attendants are responsible for greeting our guests to the beach and pool areas while ensuring a safe, quality resort experience that improves guest satisfaction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greet all guests upon arrival, distribute towels, offer assistance, and deliver consistent guest service, exceeding guest expectations.
- Issue beach chairs and umbrellas to guests.
- Maintain cleanliness of pool deck and facilities including straightening and stocking chairs, collecting soiled towels and trash, moving chairs, and umbrellas.
- Ensure that the beach storage unit is properly maintained.
- Monitor inventory of beach supplies daily.
- Report equipment and supply deficiencies.
- Fold fresh towels.
- Secure chairs.
- Secure umbrellas.
- Promote positive guest relations for all guests by providing prompt, courteous and efficient service.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Guest Focus.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This position operates outdoors in all inclement weather with heat and humidity at a hotel setting. This role requires good physical resilience and ability to work at a high pace while standing throughout the day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. This position requires employee to work outside in all inclement/extreme conditions. The position may require lifting of products weighing up to 50 pounds.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Stand- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Climb or balance- Up to 2/3rd of the time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 2/3rd of the time
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.- 50 lbs.- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include, weekends and holidays.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma, or equivalent.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.